How are DVD's released

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by iheartarcee, Oct 12, 2007.

1. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

at places like Target, best buy or Circuit city? I've never been interested in a DVD enough to try to be first in line for a copy. Do they release the movie at midnight and stay open or is it like CD's where its just when the store opens the next day? I'f im interested in the Robot heroes at Best buy, do I have to wait in line or is it something they give at the register? Thanks in advance for any answers!

2. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I guess you could try going to a 24hr walmart at midnight... Not sure when they put them on the shelves though.

3. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

I work at Target, and we wait till the mornig of Tuesday to reset the shelves, before the store opens, only takes an hour or so. And a 24 hour Wal-Mart will have it out on the floor at midnight, possibly earlier, but will not sell till 12:01

4. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Hey buddy! Target closes at 10 or 12 dependin on location, and opens at 8am, and they don't stay open for a regular release, and I don't think they are anything but first come first serve.
    Best Buy is letting you preorder for $5 right now and you get a Megatron Lithograph to take home (poster) and you take your receipt into them on next tuesday to get your copy of the dvd, which has been reserved.
    Walmart being open 24 hrs you can get it anytime after they put in on the shelf, or on display, whichever happens first as it is in the computer like a week or two in advance.
    That's what I've heard at least, so no gaurantee's an all. I'm going to Best Buy today to reserve my copy. You also get $5 off of the metallic voyager toys if you buy them in one big bundle. IE: go preorder for $5 and get Megs poster, go in Tues. and get reserved copy for $29.95 for the 2 disc set w/robot heroes-$5 already spent, + $19.95 for metallic voyager Megs/Ratchet -5 savings coupon
    total:$45+tax vs.$50+tax
    That's what I'm doin if you want me to let you know later today if what I've heard is right just let me know! :thumb