How anal are you with your TF's?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i have a hard time when anyone, even people who collect TF's make me paranoid they'll break something...and also, when i start transforming, ive gotta finish it...cant ever just leave it half transformed (which drives my fiance nuts) i also go nuts if someone picks one up and starts flying it pretending its flying and making sounds...dont know why, but i just go insane...my fiance did that once with my g1 octane and i nearly died...

just curious about how you are with yours....

2. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

get a glass case.

3. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I'm the same way actually. I hate it when anyone touches any toy or collectable that I have. I have one shelf in my office that is high on the wall and above my desk so you need a chair to reach them. I dont dust them as often as I'd like to, but at least this way they're out of harms way.

4. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    I was going to say this belonged in the Fuzzy when I read the title. And I expected posed pics.

I am totally the opposite, man. I have nephews who love the G1s, and I bring a couple for them to play with at family gatherings.

5. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

My masterpeice and alternators are no touchy but anything else I could give a damn. I have plenty of mainline TFs in a plastic tub half transformed, arms and legs detached, etc.

6. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Not at all. I let my 3 year old and 1 year old play with any toy on my shelf, even MP Prime, as long as I'm around to keep an eye on them. I am more lenient on them with mass market release stuff (Cybertron, Classics, Titanium, etc)...they can fly them around the house or whatever they want to do. To me, they're there for everyone's enjoyment, not just to sit on a shelf and collect dust. My sons, nor anyone else, have never broken one of my toys, and if they did...well, it's just a thing. No big deal. I'm not going to ruin a relationship over a toy.

7. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    I have my own personal collection which only certain people can touch ( collecters, adults, etc..) but other then that i'm not too anal. I have tons of extras so if any little kids see one they like (depending on which one and how much he's worth) i'll break out a spare and let them play with it. Now i do have my rare ones in a class shelf in my den and i can walk in the room and tell if someone has even opened the door, that's the only case that no one messes with.

8. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Here here. I second this sentiment. Only thing I don't necessarily like people messing with are my "childhood toys", the G1s I had when I was a kid. They're somewhat brittle. Anything else is fair game as long as they're careful with it. If they break it, I won't throw a tantrum or anything.

9. G1_Astrotrain

G1_Astrotrain Triple Changer

I keep all my tf's misb and they are stored in boxes and totes lined w/ bubble wrap. I try not to handle them a lot or store them in direct sunlight because I'm afraid of yellowing. I don't let anybody else touch them and if I saw someone touch them I'd prolly freak out. I hope that doesn't sound too insane.

10. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

Yeah, I'm pretty much the same way. If someone does transform one i'm always over their shoulder looking at them and making sure they do it right, that mainly becasue I had a buddy who broke my TM Optimus Primal. I dont mind my girlfrined at them cause she knows better then to try it on her own and gets me to show her if she cant figure it out. I have some of mind on display and the rest put away in bins for now, but when ever people come over they seem to stay away from my display shleves and just look at them. I also cant put a Tf down until his transformed one way or the other and I also dont go to be until I transformer those that I want to for the night.

11. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Not as anal as I am about my baseball memorabilia.

12. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

Im only anal with my older figures, G1- RID. my newer stuff, especially my armada stuff. I dont care as much about.

I very anal about my MP-01 prime, and my guyver figures though, cause they were so expensive.

13. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    There are only a few figures I'm worrisome about - usually, it's the customs. Nearly everything else, I'm okay with other folks trying out, playing with, etc. Heck, one of the parties I hosted over the summer turned into "Transforming Ops's Alternators" about midway through.

14. M-Prime

M-Prime Banned

Bad news. That does sound totally insane. Really, badly, over-the-top, bonkers.
    I have never been able to wrap my head around buying toys and leaving them MISB. ESPESCIALLY Transformers. You only ever get to see half the toy, and experience half the fun. JMO, of course.

On topic, I usually don't really let people grab stuff off my shelves and start screwing with it, but I don't stress out over it either. They are TOYS after all. I had a couple of drunken soirees this summer that ended up with folks in my toy room in the basement (I call it my "manhole"), and people were just grabbing stuff, knocking stuff over, etc., but it didn't really bother me unless it was my vintage stuff.

15. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I keep all my transformers behind closed cabinet doors with no light inside and I get anxiety attacks if someone else touches my transformers. Once an ex girlfriend wanted to try to transform some of them and I was scared she would break it the whole time. Then she started joking around and put one of them in her mouth and I almost had a heart attack.:redface2: 

16. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

It depends, I'll let my 8 and 6 year old nephews play with most of them especially if theyre readily available in retail. They're pretty brutal with them but I don't buy them so much as a collector. I do try and give them the simpler ones though that way they can transform them by themselves. There are some that are off limits, mainly fidgety ones, leaders and combiners or ones I that I don't want to have to transform back and forth 8,00 times over the next 4 minutes.

17. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

I let my 3 year old play with mine....

18. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

It does not sound insane to me, though I do not do that.

I am for the most part anal about my Transformers. My friends think I am crazy to be collecting them, and liked to have "fun" with them. That stopped when I moved the collection to the bedroom.

On the other hand, I let my Niece and Nephew (4 and 7) play with them. They like them and enjoy them. I, do not let them play with everything. I also watch them carefully when playing with them. My Nephew likes the fact that he has some of the ones I have. The last time they were here I gave them each a knockoff transformer. I will probably give them the few KOs I have left.

19. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've been collecting since '85 and I can still count on one hand how many people have touched any of my TFs. How's that for protective?

20. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'd have NO problem letting my nephews play with my TFs, if it wasn't for the fact that they have NO regard for their own toys. Cybertron Unicron literally lasted 10 minutes before they'd broken his arm off. Cyber keys get lost inside of an hour. They wanted to play with my MIB MC-13 Walther P-38 U.N.C.L.E, AND I told them that once they can prove that they can look after their own toys, they can touch mine. Until then (or until their allowances increase very sharply), they can't go near them.