how about this for a G1 game

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Onslaught24, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    so we all know the WFC/FOC series is (more or less) a starting point for all continuities but at the same time HMS is trying to stick closer to G1 more than anything else. pretty much all of us would also like another game after FOC. so here's my idea:

leave WFC/FOC its own series since HMS and Hasbro want it to be a starting point for all continuities (more-so G1), and HMS could make a whole other TF game series based on G1. it could be sandbox style with the desert area where the Ark is and there could be a trail that leads into the city, another that leads to oil factories, and in the city could also be a military base that can be used like a portal system to travel to other countries to complete different tasks and missions (for example, the race in Europe could be a minigame or traveling to India to stop 'cons and get oil for energon or Dinobot Island for training). of course the major events from G1 would have to be connected better than just in a random sequence like G1 but i'm sure HMS could do it.

as for MP, different parts of the city, globe, and maybe even the Ark could be used as maps and we could even have a race mode!

so whaddya think? i know it's more than likely not gonna happen but hey, it could give us more updated G1 toys

2. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

The way you make it sound, the whole 'path' idea sounds like some Assassins Creed cell city BS, and I don't enjoy that.

Now an ACTUAL sandbox game without cell block areas is very fine by me.

3. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i meant just driving along a dirt road to the city from the ark. it would only take a minute or two

4. LightningBlade3

LightningBlade3 Destined to be a Prime

News Credits:
    that doesn't sound like a bad idea. i might actually play it if it's done right

5. GRIML0CK

GRIML0CK I despise Optimus Prime.

Basically a free roam RPG would be cool IMO. Have the same customization in FoC. While you and your friends go through Cybertron looking for collectibles like new armor unlocks, new weapons etc. Run into Decpeticons or Autobots (Depends on faction) have a handful of quest that HMS give you daily, they don't have to be completed just for fun. Occasionally run into online players that are with your faction.

6. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I'd like a console MMO where you can free-roam Cybertron and destroy anything that would be physically possible.
    Basically FOC, but you can go ANYWHERE and it's constant Multiplayer. Like Universe but on Cybertron with FOC AND WFC weapons, and a plot made of tasks without levels, something like FusionFall (The only MMO I've ever played).
    That would be the awesomest awesome game from awesomeland ever.
    On the last train to awesometown.

Like seriously, you could go ANYWHERE on Cybertron, either on foot, tires, or in the air, or on gunships that you pay energon shards to ride to places instead of taking forever going places.
    And also you could go in all buildings.

7. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    i would love to see this happen next (think of the toys!!!) but my biggest fear is that the autobot campaign would be nothing but protect this, dont let the decepticons have that, stop megatron from blowing this up..... you get the idea. that kinda of gameplay gets old really quickly to me.

if they could work it out i would love to see it though

8. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

thats what im saying..i said it in the other thread but the whole dynamics of the game would change cuz the bots would be to worried about protecting humans...instead of fighting a war..theres no way to keep the same action style pace as the previous games..

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Not that it's a bad idea, but I don't think we'll end up seeing a game based on a 25 year old cartoon, given that WFC didn't go in that direction. We could maybe see a G1-esque/Classics style continuation of the WFC franchise on earth, but I don't think the business and marketing drivers are there for Hasbro to want to go full-G1.

10. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

As long as it's better than DCUO