How about some wrestling?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by scorpio-prime, Sep 14, 2012.

1. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

That was one of the things I most enjoyed in Grimlocks level, the ability to actually pick up bits of scenery, explosives and even enemies and hurl them around as projectiles, accompanied by a satisfying roar - wouldn't it be great if somehow this grappling ability could be incorporated into multiplayer? It was common in G1 to see the TFs lock up and fling each other around, Rodimus himself overcomes Galvatron in the 86 movie by pressing him overhead and hurling him through a wall and out into space - given they'd be execution style insta-kill moves, perhaps you could initiate them via first having to knock over an enemy, via something like a point blank shotgun blast or particularly clean melee hit?

2. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I'd love an all-out brawl mode with no penalties, no time limits, no points, no goals. Just endless battling and brawling with tons of insta-kill moves and stuff,

3. SlagSwoopSnarl

SlagSwoopSnarl BUT PRAHM.

Symbolic map consists of two spawns leading into a giant gladatorial death-mosh-pit with no exits. Also INSECTICON RUSH EVERY 5 MINUTES.

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No, I don't want wrestling in my Transformers. A couple melee weapons would be good, but no grappling.

5. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Play the TFTM '07 game. All the melee you could ever want because guns were useless.

6. orangeitis

orangeitis Sick Kiss Players Lover

Ebay:
    I honestly wouldn't mind it(as well as any other content), as long as it's implemented fluidly so it's done right or so it don't take away the experience of the rest of the game.

7. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    WWE Transformers... pffffft :lol 

8. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

Its not like wrestling is anything new in Transformers, in the G1 Season 1 intro Skywarp attempts to bodyslam Jazz, in the Key to Vector Sigma one of the dome headed guard robots destroys a drone with a German Suplex, Megatron has a Piledriver and Cyclonus has a Giant Swing in the Armada game. They're big, powerful machines and I doubt lifting each other into the air would be much of an effort, and you could have some really meaty looking animations, picture something like a Titan lifting an Infiltrator into the air and ripping him in half, or a Destroyer grabbing a Scientist mid flight and Piledriving him.