How about some Blitzwing love?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Alucard77, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I really love triple changers and one of the best in my opinion was Blitzwing. At this point HasTak has failed to show him love. So I am hoping that a 3rd Party company decides to step up.

What do you guys think?

2. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    blitzwing is a must! if some 3rd party made one i would be all over it like a rash

3. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    Anything MPed that hasn't already been made is a MUST!! I don't care who comes first, triple-changer or not.... just give us 80s kids more new MPs.

Sideswipe is a good start and expecting Red Alert :) 

4. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    don't want MP Blitzwing. If its a classics verse Blitzwing, I will take it. At least Voyager sized.

5. Impactor1106

Impactor1106 WRECKER

News Credits:
    Has to be in scale with classics AstroTrain and Octane (Tankor) and then I would be all over it.....

6. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

A large scale one would be nice....tanks and jets aren't small vehicles after all.

Scaled the same as the crappy Classics Triple changers = easy pass.

7. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    got to be mp size! every transformer should be mp size :lol 

8. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Astrotrain and Octane should NEVER have been deluxe sized for classics to begin with. They should have been at least Voyager.

You don't have to be a scale freak to want that, either. Astrotrain transported the entire remaining Con Army at the movies after initial attacks...

Octane is a FREAKIN supply plane.

They are suppose to be larger than standard transformers. Even classics seekers are slightly on the small size (but bearable I guess?)

9. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Alt mode size is irrelevant. In robot mode, Astrotrain, Octane, and Blitzwing were always shown to be about the same size, i.e. close to Starscream and other Seekers.

In order for Astrotrain to have an alt mode that could fit Devastator inside (as per TFTM), he'd need to be bigger than Fort Max.

Mass shifting is inevitable, and I'd much rather have robots that are in scale to one another than alt modes - because 99% of my collection is displayed in robot mode, and I'm pretty sure that's the case with the majority of collectors.

10. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nah, I can wait for Hasbro for this one. I think it's inevitable along with Trailbreaker. Easily the big two when it comes to Classics Want Lists.

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Alt mode is irrelevant, maybe to you, but not to everyone. Classics seekers weren't the right size to begin with. They are shorter by a head or two from say, Jazz or Tracks.

I am not here to argue on absolute scale. I am saying that the triple changers would work and look better as voyagers, even if you make them small voyagers. They aren't suppose to be deluxe. Seekers weren't, either.

12. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Animated Blitzwing.

13. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Let me put it this way. You will never get Astrotrain in alt-mode scale, it's just too big. They had no chance of getting accuracy in that mode, so why not have accurate robot mode scale, where he was about the same size of everyone else (thus, Deluxe).

It's like complaining about G1 Megatron being too big, because he's a gun and thus should have been small enough to fit in figures' hands.

14. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    To me Blitzwing IS the definition of triplechangers which is why I am shocked Hasbro never made him.

If he is made by a 3P group he would have to be a deluxe to go with Astrotrain and Octane.

15. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I think my arguments are being lost here. Some of you think I am saying his alt mode should be "in scale". I wasn't saying that, and apologize for giving that impression.

I am saying that

1. I want it at Voyager size.
    2. I don't care about absolute scale, but I do want the triple changers to be bigger. I always thought Seekers should be Voyagers anyways in classics.

I am well aware about mass shift and "you can get one mode right and not the other" type of thing. So lets drop that crap. It's not even what I am trying to say.

16. Sammael

News Credits:
    While a Voyager-sized Blitzwing would doubtlessly be cool, it would be totally out of place in my collection (Voyager Megatron, Deluxe Seekers, Deluxe Octane & Astrotrain). I'd rather see a large-ish Deluxe.

17. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Well, my hopes were that, if a 3rd party makes blitzwing, it will continue to make the rest of the triple changers like Octane, Astrotrain, at the same slightly larger scale. That way I can finally replace the official ones.

I mean, they were decent toys, but they are a bit outdated in design, in my opinion.

18. Sammael

News Credits:
    I'd rather not have to replace so many existing toys with new ones. Maybe in five-six years or so.

19. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    *or* Hasbro can treat us to Voyager renditions of Classics seekers and triple changers... but we know they won't. Although... a new classics voyager seeker? Money to be made, man, I tell ya.

20. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I vote for deluxe as well. It's easier to complete the trifecta that way and it woudl also scale with FP Defender as well.