How about a reverse Dinobot?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Macross7, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Several times since BW, a Decepticon/Predacon has switched sides & become a good guy. I can't think of a time that the reverse has happened (on screen) where a good guy has switched sides & gone evil. There has been a few that happened off screen in the past (Armada Wheeljack, Animated Elita/Blackarachnia, Animated Wasp) but not a story line showing a character as good, the choices being made, slowly becoming more evil & finally, on Megatron's side. And of their own choice, not some programming error that causes them to be evil.

Reason for this thought is in the recent Prime ep, discussion about it as seeds being planted of Breakdown possibly pulling a Dinobot.

While I can't see the current cast of Autobots doing this, it would be cool to introduce a new cast memeber & have them go evil. Maybe they just don't share Prime's views on how they conduct themselves & maybe a few run-ins with Mech lead the bot to begin to hate humans.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    In all honesty, I'd be more interested in seeing amoral, anti-hero-type Autobots than Autobot turncoats.

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'd be down with Cliffjumper being revived & turned in some way, and without being a zombie to boot.

4. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Not to put too fine a point on it, but revival requires a body. Sure Megs survived a massive explosion (to a degree) but he wad also superpowered. Cliffjumper was already structurally compromised, aka torn to shreds, so it is still highly unlikely there is a body there to rez.
    Beside, it has already been pretty well documented that Cliffjumper was just there to be fed to the wolves to show death was going to be a more permanent state in Prime.

I kind of want to see one or more both turn on both sides, get a franchise wide stable 3rd cybertronian faction, make things more interesting

5. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I've wanted this for a loooooooong time.

6. The New Order

The New Order Well-Known Member

a new rhinox situation

7. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Is that where you push your head back as far as you can against your own back then kind of like clap your feet while the girl grabs.... oh you mean like switching loyalties.

8. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That would scare the ever loving slag out of me.

That being said, agreed 100%

jD001

9. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But this happened off screen and was due to him being reprogrammed. It wasn't his choice.

10. janeDoe001

News Credits:
    This is why it wasn't counted in the OP comment.

The New Order was just saying that this could be a new concept only it would be more dangerous if this time, this bad ass bot chose to desert.

jD001

11. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If anything I we will get a sideways armada deal transformer posing as an autobot but later reveld as decpticon.

12. The New Order

The New Order Well-Known Member

he did choose other side of his own accord in BM, which off course was controversial and had all the characters act out of character.

13. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Arcee is kind of scary at times. She doesn't so much believe in Prime's wisdom as she hates the Decepticons for the things they've done. I could see Megatron turning that around, honestly.

I can't exactly see the franchise going that way, though.

14. janeDoe001

News Credits:
    After he was corrupted my Megatron. He may have decided to leave his team when he was brought back out but the dye was cast.

Back on topic:

Arcee? joining Megatron... only if Arachnid joins the Autobots... but that's a big if...

jD001

15. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Loyal Knight

Didn't we already have this a few years ago in Cybertron? Remember, Mudflap?

16. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I'll repeat what I said before: A Decepticon Wheeljack would be freaking awesome.

17. Fierceawakening

Fierceawakening Deceptigeek

I too would enjoy seeing a 'Bot turn 'Con, but the issue for me is making it believable. Not so much because I can't see a 'Bot becoming bitter or angry or selfish and abandoning Goodguy Value System, but because I have a hard time imagining them going 'Con rather than Neutral.

Or... well... I can see it with the aid of very, very careful manipulation, especially from Megatron. (He's a bit crazy, but he's charismatic as all get out when he feels like it.) But I'm not sure I see this Megatron bothering the way, say, Animated Megatron would.

Starscream might try, but I'm not sure anyone anywhere is stupid enough to be convinced by Lying Liar McManipulationPants.

I'd really prefer not to see either of those things.

I'm fine with a few Neutrals, but I don't like big third factions. That just makes me go "so when do we get back to the Autobots and the Decepticons? This side plot bores me." Individual Neutrals are fine (interesting, actually) to me because I like the question of what it means to not fit anywhere, but as soon as they have a highly organized city/community/planet they lose the thing that makes me interested.

And on amoral Autobots, I usually don't like that either, though I know it's a matter of taste. I like my 'Bots heroic -- but I like it when their very passion to do what they believe is the right or fair thing is used against them or makes them make bad decisions. I'd rather see them fail because they're "too good" than see them go morally gray. Again, totally a matter of taste, though, and it's not like I'd loathe it if done well.

18. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I'd be all for it, but I think it would be a bit dodgy with the kids (ie: the main audience). It could work, but it would take a character as lovable as Bumblebee to pull it off.

19. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll go for Bumblebee. I doubt there would be anyone else in the current team of autobots.

Bumblebee literally had Megatron in his his head, theres no telling what Megatron did while in there.

I think it would be quite shocking if Bumblebee, one of these days, just shoots Prime while he's not looking.