House of the Dead: OVerkill

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by GigatronSama, Feb 12, 2009.

1. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

So who picked it up? I'm enjoying it a great deal. The Grindhouse look and feel is a nice embrace of what was just bad acting in previous games, that takes that cornball acting and takes it to the logical extreme.

More importantly the physics of the zombies is quite nice. Unlike the previous games which had fairly stiff zombies, these react to your gunshots quite viscerally, and the little thump when their bodies hit the ground really drives it home.

The train stage is quite an obvious homage to Resident Evil Umbrella chronicles which could be credited with bringing back the light gun shooter genre, so it's good to see Sega tipping their hat to Capcom there.

The story is quite possibly the strangest thing ever done in video games and the ending just goes beyond weird in ways that you can not imagine without seeing it yourself.

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

It's weird, everyone I know who got to try this prior to release said it was shite. Now it's out everyone's saying it's awesome. I really want to try it.

3. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

ditto, i kinda want it. but i hear the shooting in wii games is a bit weird, its more point and click rather than aiming as you would with say time crisis.