House of Kolor - Kustom Kolor

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by frenzyrumble, Sep 29, 2008.

1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I visited my local hobby shop in San Diego today, owner and I talked about their House of Kolor paint line. Like mentioned earlier, they stopped making the hobby line of paint. Luckily for me, the owner knew this also, and I bought out their entire supply at a ridiculous price...

So I have about 100 bottles of this paint. Will try some more myself, and most likely put the rest on ebay.

I am posting this here, because I remember a few months ago, someone having difficulty finding a certain color. So, chances are I have a bottle (or 4) of it here. If you are looking for these paints, send me a PM.

Attached Files:

2. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dude, I want to buy some.

3. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don see why people just don't use the car version of this stuff. It is teh bestest.

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    prolly cause the car version comes in larger quantities?

5. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    2oz. is not that big.

6. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    lol, for real? would you order them online?
    I spoke with someone from HOK today on the phone, very southern guy from MI....he informed me you can dilute these with acetone (preferred) or lacquer thinner

7. encline

News Credits:
    I use these with lacquer thinner. These are actually single stage enamel paints. The auto version is urethanes. They are great, but it is like $13.00 for a few oz.
    This stuff sprays GREAT when reduced about 1:1. But seriously, I want to buy some.

8. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup! There is a company that carries their full line in San Diego called TCP Global(http://www.tcpglobal.com/ the site doesn't seem to be working right now but I have ordered many times from them, great store). I have only played with a limited selection of their paints(metallic bases and some pearls) but I have quite a few of another brand of paint they carry called Auto Air(one of the first great water based "car" grade paints) and I like them a lot more to be honest.

Yeah the auto stuff can vary(I saw some for only $6 for a 2oz. and some $30 for a 2oz. yikes) I love that they are single stage though like regular paint, all you need to do is reduce it for an airbrush a bit but I have had some good results with brush too(clean up is a pain but you and Mikey are used to it from the hobby enamels).

9. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    a pain?!? I still have black paint in my fingernails from painting with my airbrush 3 days ago, refuses to come out of the prints.

10. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL you should see my nails, was using some Vinyl spray and this stuff sticks to you fingernails like no tomorrow. I need to start wearing a respirator and gloves, I sneezed this morning and I think I might have some symbiote in me LOL.(Venom for all you non Marvel savvy)

11. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Oh yeah one of those guys live in my nose too. When I sneeze, parts of him come out all black and gooey. Definitely a symbiote.

12. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL thats funny , that happens to me too . I was going to start putting tissue in my nose while i paint cause i cant wear the masks , my glasses fog up lol .. You can pick up boxes of rubber gloves pretty cheap , what i do is actually buy a size smaller then what i normaly wear so they fit tight on my hands and less of a risk of some loose end hitting the paint and smudging..

I just bought a Air Brush setup from TCP Global, its just a starter kit nothing fancy but it works great .

13. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cotton balls do the trick pretty good though I am just to lazy to tear off a piece and shove up my nose to thwart their evil symbiotic ways. LOL

LOL I try! Cotton works better for me even though those 3M masks are definitely what all of us need, $30 or so at Lowes and Homedepot for all us US folk. I need to pick up them gloves quick I have been casting without them and I spiller some resin on me and got some nasty burns from the curing reactions(resin gets extremely hot when curing, not fun on skin). Glad others have heard of TCP too they are great and from what I have seen the prices are always great.

14. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, shit on my hands is not good. the edge inside from my thumb to the point of my index finger is all crackily looking. looks like some sort of reaction to over exposure of thinners and enamels and toxic chemicals. Hurts like hell to touch it. I should go to that doctor guy.

15. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ouch that sucks you need to take care of them money makers bro. Good moisturizing lotions will help that cracking and hopefully prevent it. Just stay away from the Fiances smelly lotions people will think your a fruit. LOL j/k

16. encline

News Credits:
    man, we all need to take better care of ourselves. Don't lie about the black, you know you are a gothic whipping boy at a s&m club on the weekend F-R :)