Heavy/Scratch: Hound Scratch Build

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by optimusawesome, Aug 21, 2008.

1. optimusawesome

optimusawesome Well-Known Member

Here are some Pics of the rough scratch build I have in progress. It is my own version of movie hound. It is almost exactly 1/12 scale because it he is going to be part of a line of GIJoe transformers I am makeing. Why the hell did Hasbro never think of this? The Alt mode will be the VAMP and will be painted to somewhat match the origional accept hopefully more realistic. Hope you all like it. Please let me know what you all think. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

this is going to look awesome. maybe something hasbro should think about with the movie toys, having military vehicles with marines in them or something. good luck, looking forward to seeing it finished!

3. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL Ypu should have made little brick to prop him up on.J/K These Neo Shifters are awesome as far as versatility go, great work so far.

4. optimusawesome

I would have put little cinder blocks under him, but I didn't have a big enough mobil home to put him in front of.

5. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    :lolol 

6. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lolol :lolol 

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    looks nice so far man. good luck.

8. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Hasbro has thought of this, they just haven't done anything yet. They've made a concept of a gi-joe transformer crossover tank that was seen at the Hasbro tour at botcon '07. And ebery time they've been asked why they haven't doen it it's been becasue they can't find a place in there market at the time for it to fit in. And wiht the animated, classics, and new movie stuff, it's going to be awhile before they think about this again.

9. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I thought it was because they didn't want to mix the two lines as they'd want them both to stand on their own. Especially with the new G.I. Joe movie being made.

I personally think that's down right dumb (seriously, Rolling Thunder Prime.) but I'm not in charge of what they do.

As for the op, it looks awesome so far, can't wait for the finished product!

10. djs in disguise

djs in disguise Active Member

looking good , what other joe and cobra vehicles do you plan to do ?

11. optimusawesome

I have already done an Arcee/RAM. there is a thread on it somewhere in the customs boards. I am also working on a swamp skier a la Zartan made out od lugnutz, the farret ATV/stockade and skywarp/cobra glider.

I have a bunch in the thought process including a Jetfire/skystriker, landmine/skyhawk, soundwave/VAMP MKII (missle launcher will become lazerbeak and ravage), snowcat/megatron, shockwave/MASS device, Perceptor/HAL, Starscream/Night raven, Powerglide/rattler(tigerforce) and a Prime/HISS

12. djs in disguise

djs in disguise Active Member

tigerforce powerglide sounds good

13. optimusawesome

*****Update*******

Well, after trying my hardest to get this thing off the ground I had to bite the bullet so to speak and buy the actual Vamp to finish this thing. It took a little more re-engineering but it is coming along nicely. Unfortunately after starting it again I had to get stiches as I tempted fate and sliced one of my fingers to the bone with an exacto. surpriseingly it didn't even hurt but it scared my son that "daddy cut himself". so I put it on hiatus for a few weeks to heal. I am back to it and look to have it complete by the first of the year. (time constraints, home projects, family time and work come first)

The origional shell I am reuseing for kibble to hise empty space in the finished project and I will keep the rest for later projects.

Pics should be along soon.

On a side note I just wanted to say to everyone that I have seen some awesome stuff churn out lately and wanted to say keep up the good work.

And finally, just incase no one starts a thread on about the holidays, I wanted to say to everyone, Have a Merry Christmas or happy Haunika(sp) happy Kuanza or what ever anyone might celibrate. I wish you all good tideings and may you all have a great year.

Bless us all.

14. bumblebee15

bumblebee15 Autobot

Dude Ouch!! Stiches! Of course I think we've all made a few Oh oh's with our bashes as well. I know around my house, i can't do any project with out bleeding on it to! Blood Sweat and Tears!!

Awesome Idea man! Keep up the good work!

15. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I like how a Joe can actually ride it.