Hound saves a Hound

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SwindlesShop, Nov 10, 2009.

1. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    Not sure if this is a toy discussion but it involves a toy.
    So I was expecting my classics Hound to come in the mail today, so i kept looking out the window to see if the mailman was there. So afraid that i missed the mail i went outside to check the boxes (i live in a condo) so while I'm on the way to check the mail, I see a baby Dachshund in the middle of the street confused. While a bigrig came down the road right towards it, i was prepared for the worse. Instead the dog narrowly just missed getting squished, I rushed out in the middle of the street and the dog ran up under a parked car. After fifteen mins of trying to convince the frightened dog to come out, i made a grab for her and ended up getting shitted on all over. But i managed to ignore the horrible fuckin smell and put her in a bag and jump the fence to my complex. I gave her a bath and showed her to my gf who had just adopted a dog from the pound the day before this. I had to go to the vet to pick up her new dog, so i took the Dachshund pup to see if the pound would see if she had a chip. instead the pound was closed, so i was left with two dogs in my suv. My girlfriend ended up falling in love with the Dachshund pup and now she has a new home. It's ironic how constantly checking for my Hound toy to come in the mail (which didnt come today) ended up saving another hound's life and giving her a new home. Her name's Meg, i like to call her Megs for megatron though :) 
    I figure i'll get some cool story bro comment but w/e i felt like sharing this.

2. Megablah

Megablah Likes Universe Galvatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Honestly, this probably would be better suited for the General Discussion thread (General Discussion - TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards) but I like your story because I love Dachshund's. My brother has a Dapple Dachshund named Aria that has two different colored eyes (one blue, one brown) and she had a litter of five puppies. One of the puppies my parents kept and the rest were sold. One was actually taken recently and we are still looking for him, but we all hope he shows up soon. I hope you have fun with Megs and l know she will bring you lots of joy. The joy that no figure could ever bring.

3. SwindlesShop

News Credits:

4. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Can we see a photo of the pup? I've got a soft spot for cute, little animals :) 

5. SwindlesShop

News Credits:
    Sure thing :) 
    Here she is in her new bed, sorry bout the quality I only had my cell at her house.
    [​IMG]

6. Megablah

Megablah Likes Universe Galvatron Veteran

News Credits:
    She's a cutie! We all hope Bubba shows up soon too.

7. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    that's a cute dog man, :D 

8. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    tooo cute....looks happy too!! that was awsome of you to take her in ( prob still need to look out for fliers and check on the chip...incase she is missing) hopefully not but it could happen

9. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Adorable!

10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    awwwww cute pup

11. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

did the person in the truck see the pup?

12. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    You just earned karma points. It is ironic however that your love of plastic crack turned into puppy love.

Then again, more kibble means less crack......

13. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

This is indeed a very good story. I'm glad you saved the dog, and it's good that he has a new home for now.

HOWEVER.....

I do insist that, once the dog pound opens, you go through every possible effort to find out if the dog is missing. For the next week or two, you might want to put up "Found" ads on Craig's List and on a few stop signs. I know it sounds like a lot of effort, and I know you like this dog, but I just can't help thinking of the possibility that it's someone else's dog, and that this "someone else" is TERRIFIED and worried that their dog is missing.

Please don't take offense from this. I can tell you care a lot about dogs, and I can tell you've been wonderful to this dog. Just trying to point out the dog's former owners' interests.

14. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

sorry but that don't look like any Dachshund I've ever seen. Looks like a mutt. Dachshunds have big ears and short legs. Your dog have long legs and small ears. Nice save!

15. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I was just going to post this. However you did the right thing, and much kudos to you :) 

16. dkrolickm

dkrolickm Beast Wars Predacon

Ebay:
    Thats awesome!
    She likes you enough to roll over already?
    Waits for Optimus Sledge comments.... :p 

17. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Obligatory DAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW to both your fantastic story and the picture of the dog. Kutos to you for saving a dogs life. And they said that plastic crack never did anything for anybody.