Digibash: HOUND digibash/wip

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by SMOG, Feb 6, 2008.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Both a digibash, and a blueprint for something in progress.

This is a slightly digitally manipulated/recoloured version of my own Movie Landmine. I've replaced his head with a Twin Twist head, of all things... but with a bit of cutting it should work well. Kind of a predictable project, but it fits better than I expected.

Those claws/clamps are still a little monstrous. I may have to replace them with more typical fists.

zmog

Attached Files:

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Blimey -the Twin Twist head works well! It's amazing the possibilities you notice when you let your eye wander... Have you tried it for fit yet?

Regarding the hands, how about just knocking out the finger claws, and modding the hands from the next knuckle? By the look of it, then he'll still be able to grip stuff, and maybe even do the handstands etc.

3. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

that's crazy awesome. it works well.

4. spikebuster

spikebuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi. I am new to this site. That will look cool!

5. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Not to shamby I think sanding those claw hands into something less monstrous would make it look sorta normal. But its getting there. Nice one.

6. SMOG

THAT... is a great idea. I wanted to cut down on his inherent movie monsterism, but I did kind of feel bad about losing that handstand ability that makes this guy such a show-off piece. :) 

To clarify, all I've done with photoshop is flatten out the top of his head and change his grey to green. The head is on the figure for these pics (not pasted in), but I haven't tried to transform him yet. I won't be able to confirm whether it will fit till I cut the head down (to get the flat boxy Hound look). I was surprised that the head didn't look too big on the figure actually. So far, the only issue is that because of his high "collar", and the size of the "helmet", he can't turn his head. I'm working on that though...

Once I get that figured out, I think I'm just going to dye the grey plastic into a greenish tone, paint the head, and I think I'm good. For old time's sake, I might put some white stars on the doors too. :) 

zmog

7. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow that looks great. Yeah, with the mod that you plan to do on the head it'll work surprisingly well.

8. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

That does look sweet. I'm looking forward to this one, Hound is one of my favorite G1 characters. :thumb 

Hey, as far as the hands, maybe you can try Cliffumper's?

9. SMOG

I don't think CJ's hands will fit... they're attached by kind of a turret peg I think, while ideally I would use hands with ball-joint connectors (since Landmine already has a socket there).

Though If I really wanted to push the G1-styling, I would want to replace his whole forearm from the elbow with something boxy and old-schoolish.

zmog

10. Warmachine

Warmachine Bounty Hunter

Ebay:
    That looks real nice dude. I agree that something needs to be done with the hands though. Maybe try some Gundam hands. They work great with just about everything and come in all different sizes with ball joints.

11. SMOG

Heh heh...yeah, I know what you mean. I've got a whole box-load of just spare Gundam hands (though lots of them are those boring "open hand" configurations).

Kind of a shame to lose that handstand ability though. :) 

*EDIT* added a slightly altered digibash to see what he'd look like with cropped (blunted) claws, and with most of his light gray areas darkened. I don't know if it works better or not...

zmog