Hotwheels?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Codimus Prime, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Official Hot Wheels thread...

Anyone else here collect Hotwheels?

I started at the beginning of the 2007 line, and I'm a casual collector. I pick up the cooler "concept cars" as well as most of my favorite "real" cars. I've started on my second Jammer case (that holds 48).

Couple of jewels in my collection:
    2006 Treasure Hunt #1 Asphalt Assault
    2007 Treasure Hunt #2

My favorites:
    2007 New Model '66 Batmobile
    2007 New Model Buick Grand National
    2007 Engine Revealer Charger
    2006 Baja Bug

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have all the Blings, Tooned, Hardnose, and Crooze from '05 still MOSC.

And some random ones from my childhood.

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    my DC toy car brand of choice used to be majorette.

4. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My sons have hundreds, though they aren't MOSC collectors.
    My brother also has hundreds of Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tomica cars, all MOSC/MISB. He also collects Gundams and not exactly stingy when it comes to toys for his 2 children. His house is FULL :lol 

5. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    If you become psychotic like so many of the other HW collectors we will not hesitate to put you down.

You have been warned. :ev: 

6. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I have at least 1,500, with >99% of them MOSC/MISB. I started when I got a job at KB years ago, and collected all of the First Editions and most of the mainline and special series cars (except Treasure Hunts) from 1998 through 2004. Unfortunately, the cutthroat nature of the Hot Wheels collecting crowd almost completely drove me out of it a few years ago. I still pick up about 10 or 15 cars a year, but I haven't made a Hot Wheels hunting run for a long time now...and I really don't feel bad about it at all.

7. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I collect various Corvettes in memory of my dad and pick up the occassional pick up truck and VW that catches my eye...

8. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    Pretty much my story.

9. SunDown

SunDown Fatty McFatFat

Same here, my story is very similiar. Started in 97 have all of them except treasure hunts MISC and did this from 97-2005. It just got to hard to collect the 100+ FE's they put out and the variants on those plus what was already released drove me out. I still go by and look at them but I dont buy anymore, not sure why I look but???
    My gut tells me many of us bailed about the same time as I see more good cars on the pegs but I still dont buy anymore. Matter of fact, I'd like to offload them to someone.

10. Codimus Prime

Understandable. Even the guy who got me into isn't the typical collector. And I know what you mean by "other HW collectors," we see them all the time. Even the Target we hit on our lunch hour knows not to put their stuff out until around lunch (b/c these 2 old guys come at 8am every day).

We both hit a lot of places, but we don't warm the doors. Kids always get pick over us. Other collectors are always welcome to browse alongside us. We hook each other up or at least offer. We don't horde. If they have a car we need, we pick up 2 max (one for each of us). My friend was even nice enough to give up a treasure hunt he found, for retail.

I'm pretty much a loose collector, because I like to watch them roll. I've got my Treasure Hunts on the card still though. Just b/c they are so hard to find.

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Collected them when I was little, but dad got tired of stepping on them so he buried them all in concrete when he made our back patio :lol 

Did'nt hear any more" Ouch!! Sonnofabitch!" in the middle of the night after that.
    We'll until I started collecting Legos

I dont collect them anymore , but I do love those Spychangers

12. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    I just started collecting this year. I got started on G Machines and Customs Classics. I picked up some stuff today and got my first T-Hunt, also picked up some Classics RL's too :thumb 

Cody are you a member at hotwheelscollectors.com? I have been registered for a couple of weeks and the people aren't as cool and friendly as the TF community.

[​IMG]

Also got this Toyfair Exclusive last week...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    i only buy t-hunts when i see them, i've got 2 of them

14. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I just collect the Hot Wheel Batmobiles. Got about 5 of them and the monster truck version, as well as the 1:24 scale 89 movie version. I really need that 66 Batmobile. I had heard it was a Treaure Hunt car, but they were releasing it in regular assortments later, good to know they really are.

15. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    I almost had that Batmobile today, I was too busy drooling over my T-Hunt Camaro when someone came right up and and snagged it from the peg beside me :banghead: 

16. Codimus Prime

Some days are awesome ... like yesterday and Sunday.

Then there are days like today. I didn't see crap. I looked in vain, but oh well. Guess I should be thankful.... cause I got a First Editions Tail Dragger given to me by a coworker (the guy who got me collecting) for my "early birthday"

I've got a package coming in sometime this week with more (including one just like it).

17. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I've got a bunch of Camaros, Firebirds, and Trans-Ams. That's pretty much it.

I have a bunch of Nascar 1/64 scales, but they technically aren't Hot Wheels.

18. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    These are some sweet looking Hot Wheels....I always stop and look at these when I see them in stores.
    I have come close to picking up the Nova they had/have in this line in the past....
    I did at one time collect the Muscle Machines line of their smaller (Hot Wheels sized) cars.

I just dont need any other habits right now...:redface2: 

19. Zombie F Body

Zombie F Body Has left the building...

Atta boy, Galvatron. I loved these until HS, but like the 80s models T/As and Camaros. The line seems to cater more to the late 60s models so I'm not really interested anymore. I am looking for the Japan only Knight Rider KITT one, though.

Plus, those "other guys" kinda creep me out. One guy was telling me about his sweet Camaro while I was at a TRU on my day off looking for MLs. I thought it was real the way he was talking about it. It was some TH '68 turns out.

20. Borgiwan

Borgiwan Active Member

I still have a few hundred loose in boxes, but rarely buy anymore. I was pretty into it from 1997-2003, but refound these odd robots that turn into cars...

Last bought the batmobile, but that's it for this year. And I'll agree about most of the collectors - they seem a little creepy to me in their obsessions (as I obsess about robots. Sheesh, pot calling the kettle black).