HotSlag News Report

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Giga Leo, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Giga Leo

Giga Leo I know and you know...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro makes a Triple-Play!
    -Tigerburn
    [​IMG]

With triple changers like Astrotrain and Octane (a.k.a Tankor) far in the rearview mirror of collectors, questions have arisen surrounding future triple-changer releases.
    Our snooping has revealed that Hasbro does indeed have a plan to bring the ever popular triple changer Blitzwing into the Generations line. We tracked down our old go-to man, Mr. Jimmy-Jo from Marketing for some solid answers.

"Look, when you design triple changers, there's always going to be one mode that suffers and that kind of thing causes sales to drop. In order to conserve resources and give the fans time tested molds they slobber over, we decided to go in a unique direction with Blitzwing.
    Besides, it's not 1985 anymore, characters can evolve right? Sure they can! They can evolve right into two separate molds if you know what I mean."

With that Mr.Jimmy-Jo whipped out some 'borrowed' samples of the upcoming releases.
    [​IMG]

The inevitable two-pack will use the molds of Classics Starscream and Generations Warpath, both given paintjobs to reflect the original Blitzwing colors.

"Like I said, we want the character to evolve, and by evolve I mean be cheaper, and by cheaper I mean we don't feel like thinking about it. Besides, it worked for Springer didn't it?"

When questioned about the possible backlash of this decision from the vocal online community, Mr. Jo responded
    [​IMG]

After Jimmy-Jo finished yelling and a moment of awkward silence, we were able to continue our inquiries. When could we expect to see this set on store shelves?
    [​IMG]

"Well, Takara Tomy is going to have first crack at Blitzwing overseas and we'll see how that pans out. If it does numbers similar to the Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Hot Rod three pack, we'll probably handle it like we did the Battle in Space two pack. We'll remove one of the figures and release it here in the U.S. I'm thinking we'll keep the Starscream mold (chuckles), those kids, they're coo-coo for that Starscream mold, am I right or am I right?"[​IMG]
    (click here for our follow-up article)

2. Ellamin

Ellamin Moonbeam Dreamer

News Credits:
    Smells like parasprites.

3. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

:lol  That's awesome, takin' such cracks at Hasbro/Takara Tomy here.

... Too bad its not too far from the truth, when you consider that they'd rather have the characters be toy-accurate in show than toys be show-accurate in scale XD

4. Screamingjet

Screamingjet Well-Known Member

This probably is so close to the truth its physically painful. :cry 

5. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

:lol 

Impossible! There is no such thing as Generations Warpath. :D 

It simply does not exist.

6. Giga Leo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You mean these fellows?
    [​IMG]
    We at HotSlag are pretty sure only the lowest acceptable number of these critters wind up in the plastic vats used to make Transformes.

We're assuming the lack of cease and desist letters from Hasbro means they're onboard with HotSlag's investigations. They can't deny the truth is out there. Cue creepy whistling music :) 

We assure you, HotSlag in no way shape or form wants to cause you harm! We do aim for a few chuckles and the occasional "Say What?!"
    Like our story on Generations Sunstorm:
    [​IMG]

We're looking into rumors of Hasbro hiring actors to pose with the figure and make phony posts online, spreading a false belief that the figure has been made available to the public. I guess they figure if NASA could fake the moon landing...

7. Screamingjet

Screamingjet Well-Known Member

Oh god no.

If the alternity Seeker mold taught us anything its PLAYNE NOT KARR ! >.<

All joking aside though- thats a pretty good pic. :thumbs2: 

8. Ellamin

Ellamin Moonbeam Dreamer

News Credits:
    I'd like a KARR TF, yellowed scanner and prime-like head, on either a trans am or mustang style alt mode for prime/classics.

9. Giga Leo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Haha, I think it'll also teach Takara/Tomy to watch those joints, I've only fiddled with one, but the joins were almost as bad as Titanium Megatron.

I'd pay money for that, Human Alliance KARR with a Michael Knight to squish under his wheels.

10. Giga Leo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    News Update

This Just In!
    [​IMG]
    by He Tell Me

With another Transformers film on the horizon, Hasbro has decided to release a little sumpin' sumpin' to keep the pegs filled with robot goodness.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Mr. Sam Hill from Global Marketing had this to say:
    "We wanted to see if we could create another sub-line, but we also wanted to cut down on the number of syllables being used. 'Generations' and 'Reveal the Shield' were 4 syllables each and way too long for the younger demographic to yell out in the store. We wanted to shave it down to 3. We had meeting after meeting and nobody could come up with anything better than Transformers: SlapHappy, when Jimmy-Jo from Marketing blurted out 'Shattered Glass'. None of us could come up with anything better so we decided to go with it."
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    We asked Mr. Hill if he was aware of Shattered Glass being a Botcon boxset created by Fun Publications.

"We were delighted to find out that someone has already done a lot of the deco work for what we had in mind, but it makes our lives so much easier. Since Shattered Glass makes use of characters we've already crafted in plastic, this line will be strictly repaints. We're confident the fandom will have nothing but praise for our decision. The line is slated to kick off with Shattered Glass Rodimus, we hear the kids love that guy."

As expected, a vocal online minority has been… vocal.

"Is nothing sacred anymore!" Cried an unidentified keyboard warrior, "I paid buku bucks for my Shattered Glass Botcon set! Only me and people willing to eat ramen should own these characters!"

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Though an online petition to block the release is already underway, a recent pie chart indicated the angry section of Transformer fans make up a mere 8% of the fandom, with 16% giving the idea of a Shattered Glass line an enthusiastic 'Yeah Buddy'. Though 75% percent gave a dismissive 'Meh', Hasbro stated this is the demographic who is most likely to buy everything anyway, and are very encouraged by their passive purchasing power.

11. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

That's too damn true :lol  And I doubt what wtf@tfw podcast said about those con exclusives still remainin' as their own exclusives thanks to slight differences in deco will help a lot...

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It's not really devaluing botcon Aideswipe and Blurr if they are using the new Classics molds now is it.

:popcorn 

13. Giga Leo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think no matter what happens, you're going to have people who feel slighted to the extreme.