Minor/Repaint: Hot Spot

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by E. C. R. Former, Feb 19, 2009.

1. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Here's my next repaint: Protectobot leader Hot Spot from RID Optimus Prime.

RID Prime is perfect for Hot Spot, as even Hasbro was aware of. Pity nothing ever came of it but here's my repaint of the character. Unfortunately, I'm still getting used to the texture of the Liquitex Acrylics so the paint work is a little sloppy I'm afraid. :redface2:  I'll probably go touch up on him later.

As pictured, I used RID Prime's super mode as a sort of Super Hot Spot. At some future point I might replace the head and make his upgrade into Defensor but for the time being, he'll remain like this.

Also pictured is my Universe Blades repaint which is right here.

Attached Files:

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

The paint is not bad. I would coat it again though.

3. OldsCut78

OldsCut78 Laser Rod

Dont feel bad about getting used to paint. You are not the only one. But great work all around, just a touch up should do. olds

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    honestly, my only gripe is that you didn't take it apart to paint, and you have a lot of areas you didnt' get coated (most obvious is the rear wheel wells) as a result.

5. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with REDLINE, taking apart is very necessary to ensure you get full coverage and do a good job. I'm always suggesting it to new customizers. yes it takes a lot more time, but you have so much more control, don't have to worry as much about masking, paint getting into unwanted places, etc.

I love the choice of blue, and I agree that his super robot mode is fantastic for hot spot.

6. kamtimus_prime

kamtimus_prime Radicon Visionary

It looks good, great color combinations. very true to G1. r u planning on making Defensor.

7. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Initially, I thought that the rear wheel wells added character leaving them unpainted (an excuse not to take it apart I admit :p ). Looking at it in the photo though... yeah, I'm repainting that. Will also add another coat.

I have plans for the other Protectobots. Whether they combine... to be honest that's a bit beyond my current skill level. :( 

8. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

other than that I would have to say good job I like what you are going after here