Hot Rod

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Strikimusprimus, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Strikimusprimus

Strikimusprimus Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if Hot Rod is going to be in the Revenge of the Fallen? I've seen 1 picture of what appears to be him on google.

2. Soundwave784

Soundwave784 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it was most likely fake, and Hot Rod was anoying anyways...

3. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Don't believe what you saw, cause it's fake.

....plus, we don't need a cocky pain in the tailpipe this time, unless Bay want's Prime dead.

4. DarkKnightPrime

DarkKnightPrime Banned

.....................are you serious? the movie universe isnt the g1 universe. He would probably be completley different...................... Jesus.

5. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

Dude....Hot Rod was cool..other than Prime dying but I honestly dont think they would make that mistake again!

6. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Don't think bay will kill optimus prime off.

I don't think bay will kill optimus off if Hot Rod coming into movie. This is movie universe completely different from G1 generation and tradition of Rodimus Prime and Matrix. If Hot Rod coming into movie,he will be like Sentinel Prime in Animated show. Bumble Bee's rival.He makes Bumble Bee less popular in movie.

7. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    I know. You can totally change a character's personality in a movie like TRANSFORMERS, but for some reason no one can seem to look past the Hot Rod's "Mistake" in Transformers: The Movie, or just generally think he's annoying. Hell, Hot Rod/Rodimus is sort of a different character in his Spotlight issue and then-current issues from the IDW Transformers comics. I was rather hoping he would be one of the Live-Action TF movies. Out of all the Autobots I was hoping would appear, he was seriously at the top of my list.

8. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Bleh, no need for a cocky autobot, he doesnt belong in a live action film.....besides that would be a DEFINANT nod to kill off prime

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The rumor has floated around a bit, but so far there has been no offical word yet to if he will or will not be in the movie. Then again they haven't released an offical list of robots for the movie either so unless Orci said a character was in during the Q&A thread it's still up in the air on a good deal of the cast.

I have to agree though that if we did get Hot Rod the chances of him being a clone of the let's replace Prime from the animated movie are at about 0%. Even if this was a G1 movie characters have still evolved since the 80's. But heck this is the movie universe so unless I missed some old Transformers episodes where Bumblebee was a super comando then a character's movie personality and background could be anything.

10. Wolfbrother

Wolfbrother Asha'man

Personally, I could accept an evolved, modern Hot Rod under one condition: the name "Rodimus Prime" must never be mentioned! :wink: 

I agree with Witwicky Camaro, though. If you mention the name "Hot Rod" on most other boards, you will get a hundred posts with the cry "HE KILLED PRIME!!!!"...

11. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Same thing he Hot Rod should on the game as red jazz repaint.

12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, happens on here all the time. You bring up Hot Rod and you get a bunch of fans crying about how 'he killed Prime' (funny, I thought it was the gun blasts from Megatron...) and stuff like that. This thread was already nice and full of it.

What's funny though... is that this isn't the G1 Universe and even when the G1 Universe's get reinvented (IDW's current series) Hot Rod tends to be written as a much more competent character nowadays. One that it's easy to say has 'leadership potential' and someone you can see Optimus someday passing the Matrix to if he rounds out some of his rough edges.

I think too many people seem to forget that the new movies have nothing to do with the 1986 film... or any other part of the franchise for that matter.

13. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    A red movie Jazz repaint as Hot Rod?????

NEVER!!!!!!!

14. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed. That just... no. That's one of the worst molds (IMO) from the entire first movie. IF they do Roddy I'd prefer an all new mold myself or just leave him out if he's not actually in the movie.

15. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

Considering how different a lot of the characters are from the G1 counter parts there is nothing to say Hot Rod could be a proper soldier and not an idiot kid. As someone pointed out earlier Bumblebee isn't the little cute one who is pretty useless anymore, he's still cute but packing some serious fire power and fighting skills...

Besides Orci has all ready stated that they most probably won't be touching on the whole 'Matrix' thing. They seem to consider the AllSpark to be basically the conglomerate of The Matrix of Leadership and Vecta Sigma. Thusly if Optimus gets killed it will be who ever is alive and next in command will take the leader position.

16. ganymede2010

ganymede2010 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree, I actually liked Hot Rod, but I couldn't stand Rodimus Prime.

17. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's kind of the cincher isn't it? Hot Rod was a rather likable character, but the writers of the series could never get Rodimus Prime right at all. I'd love to see a well written Rodimus Prime at some point (though, probably not in the movie universe unless they could explain why he's also a Prime... but that wouldn't be too difficult as they could just take that nod from Animated).

Still, I hope we do get Roddy in one shape or another in one of these movies.

18. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

Yeah but that would (like the Animated series has done) deminish what it is to be Prime.

I'm all for Hot Rod as long he is updated like the rest and that ugh *shudders* particular name is never EVER metioned.

19. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

It'd probably be Rodimus rather than Hot Rod. Tends to be the standard these days. Also, Rodimus Prime wasn't a bad character at all, he was just meant to be a developing character in a show that was essentially static. Nearly every writer would go back to the "unsure of himself" starting point, rather actually building upon that.

To me, it seemed as if Rodimus Prime was intended to be a more gray-shaded leader, rather than the white-hat cowboy Optimus was. That is the kind of character I'd like to see with a movie Rodimus, prime or otherwise. Not like Mirage, where you don't know where he really stands, but an Autobot that's walks the line sometimes in the fight against the Decepticons. That'd be a great character for the movie, especially seeing how various characters play off of his behavior.

20. ScOpE+0

ScOpE+0 Active Member

...unfuntualty i have red a copy of a draft TF2. Wish i hadnt but when it falls in your lap its really hard. In the draft copy i red hod rode is it it but it also says that is a ferrei, and there is non on set that we have seen..sooo idnt think he will be in it...