Digibash: Hot Rod (Rodimus) as a Pontiac G6 GXP

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Spekkio, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Here's something I've been putzing around with on and off (mostly off) for awhile now. I'm not an artist by any means, and I know it's definitely not perfect.

Anyway, the Pontiac G6 coupe (especially the GXP) gets me all hot and bothered and I thought it would make a great alt mode for everyone's favorite cavalier. I don't have the skill, talent, or patience to try to add flames or chrome to his hood / sides / side skirts. If anyone wants to take a shot at it, be my guest. I can send you my XCF (GIMP) file if you want to fiddle with the separate layers.

Enjoy.

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    REDLINE, is that you?

3. Jazzy Zx

Jazzy Zx Wants too be called Jz :P

News Credits:
    :lolol Good one!

I like the colors but i don't think it works as a hot rod though.
    Maybe if some one adds a big spolier at the end with a flame paint job it might change my mind.

4. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    Well if you reshell redline into a G6 it could work.

5. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

The G6 GXP has the biggest spoiler that GM puts on its cars - they call it a whale tail, I think? You can see more pictures here.

But like I said in my original post, I can't do the flames. I tried and it looked like ass. So if someone wants to give it a go, please do. I'd love to see it (and make it into wallpaper).

@Redline: IMO, Pontiac doesn't need to make a separate car as a GTO. They should drop a big-ass engine into the G6 coupe and call it the GTO. That's how the original was born, after all - putting a big-ass engine into a Pontiac Tempest.

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    there was serious talk that they were going to do just that with the new camaro for aGTO, but just a few weeks or so ago they came out and said it doesn't look like they're gonna do an F-body at all with it thanks to new regulations concerning fuel efficiency.

7. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

You mean like this?

Well, dropping a bigger engine in a G6 would still be FWD and, done right, could still get decent fuel economy IMO. But GM hasn't shown the willingness or ability to do that sort of thing. *shrug*