Hot Rod (or Rodimus Prime) on Animated?!?!

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by hudemx, Jun 5, 2008.

1. hudemx

hudemx Active Member

News Credits:
    Today I took a look on Super RTL's Homepage (the german Free-TV channel who bradcasts Animated) and in the Animated Section I found a Picture of Hor Rod (Rodimus Prime).
    I know that Super RTL only gets images to it's show from the licensing Partner and in this case it must be Cartoon Network.
    So this could mean that the productions on Season 3 are at full run and that there are already promo pics of it available?!?!

You can find the picture of Hot Rod in the attachements and on Super RTLs home page :
    http://www.toggo.de ->click on ''Fernsehen'' -> then on Transformers Animated

Attached Files:

2. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That could not look *less* like art from Animated.

3. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light TFW2005 Supporter

Ooouh ... i really hope for a third season ... !
    However, not a fourth season. Remember, they'll have to stop when the series are hot !

4. puppylove

puppylove mini ops caretaker

News Credits:
    hot rod with bumblebee's legs?? that looks weird...

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting. Not sure if I buy that as Animated concept art though... I'll take it with a grain of salt, but Rodimus Prime was one of the things the design team said that they wanted to get around to doing (along with other Prime's sense it's a rank in this Universe and not a the title of the guy holding the magical jewelry).

I'm not exactly sure what makes me think that this isn't artwork for Animated, but it seems to be missing some of the angular design features... and it looks kind of familiar too, but I can't place it... like it's from one of the Japanese Mangas or something. Could be totally legit too. I'll wait to see what comes of this before passing judgement.

I will say this though... an Optimus/Rodimus tag team would be awesome... Megatron wouldn't know what hit him!

EDIT: Actually, going over to the actual site and seeing the picture with the rest of the pics on there. It totally looks like it could be concept art for the character's appearance in Animated. I'm still going to take it with a grain of salt, but if you compare it to the artwork of Optimus that's close to it... well, it looks like it fits right in there...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  6. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bring on hot rod!

7. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Looks like Don Figueroa's work to me, from the Transformers The Movie comic or something...

8. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Yeah, that looks nothing like the Animated style. And given that I think I can see his saw blade spinning there, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is just ripped from the movie adaptation comic or something. Unfortunately I can't find ish #3 at the mo, so I can't check for sure.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That doesn't look like it's from Animated. The lines are all wrong and no chin. Probably just ripped the pic and stuck'er there because they thought it was cool.

10. TF Ultra Prime

TF Ultra Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    WOW! That looks great! Man, I really hope to see on the series. That would be great.

11. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

Um, yeah.

That doesn't look like the Animated style at all.

I'm not holding my breath waiting for Hot Rod/Rodimus to show up. Be nice, but IMO I'm not biting unless Hasbro or CN actually SAYS something about it.

12. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    That looks more "Gee-Wun" than "Animated" to me.

13. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Reminds me more of a cross between Robot Heroes and Classics Rodimus than Animated.

Seibertron has a thread going regarding a pic that's a little more convincing, as far as being in the Animated style, but I'm pretty sure it's all fan art anyway.

As far as Roddy being in Animated at all, I'll be sitting on the bench marked "wait and see." It has leather seats and free :popcorn 

14. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I seem to remember that response from either CN or Hasbro that they made Prime a command rank so that they could work in Rodimus Prime (if they so chose). IE Rodimus Prime could be the commander of a another squad of autobots out there. Or some such.

15. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Looks interesting. But too manga-ish.

16. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Dude I would LOVE to see Rodimus lead a team with Arcee, Kup, Springer, and (MAYBE) Wheelie. They could all be rivals like...

Rodimus-Optimus
    Arcee-Prowl
    Springer-Bulkhead
    Kup-Ratchet
    Wheelie-Bumblebee

AND WHEELIE WOULDN'T RHYME!!!!!!

17. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Actually not a bad idea but why would Rodimus go to Earth?

Perhaps looking for a certain speedbot who is part of his team whom Sentinel borrowed and now missing.

18. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    its a piece of G1 Hasbro Art that Don drew and I colored awhile back
    [remember all the G1 art and stuff that was at that table at the Hasbro tour for Botcon 07? was done for that kinda stuff i think]

nothin to do with animated tho

19. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    what the fuck is that

20. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Hot Rod can fuck off. Don't even start me.

Also, the way I read the Botcon reports, which could be totally wrong, was that Rodimus Prime was the original Sentinel Prime character, but Hasbro didn't want their property so besmirched.

Smirch away, I thought, Hot Rod is a tool and fits the Sentinel Prime jock persona perfectly.

Spoiler below:
    IronicHide is now rewatching Autoboot Camp replacing SP with the great and flaming twat Hot Rod - pink-splatted, humiliated, and crushed by a building, all the while spewing out tepid lines of meh like "...ride in style...", "...from Lookout Mountain..."

Put the '80s brainfart in Animated, and make him the guy Sentinel looks good next to.