Host Migration--what do you think?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Transformed, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not a fan of its current presentation in FOC, as the game freezes, searches for a new, host and reboots the whole level and players. I thought host migration would work faster, switching hosts without slowing the pace of the game (wishful thinking apparently:( )

Honestly speaking, I think it'd be better if the game just saved stats and sent everyone to the lobby to start a new game, as too much time is lost and you rarely have a game with the number of players as you did before the migration began.

Why not have a EXP/rank/stat punisher instead or along side with host migration?

How do you feel about it?

2. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Great so far I dont see why people complain its just like CoD's host migration (I dont play CoD that much so it might of been changed)

3. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    I never really experienced any problems with the Host Migration, except for once where it froze for a few seconds. So I'd say pretty good, lol.

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Never played online on Call of Duty, so I know nothing about that. I expected something a bit better than what we've gotten.

A few seconds:sly2: 

5. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's better than being kicked out of the match with all of your stats lost.

6. GRIML0CK

GRIML0CK I despise Optimus Prime.

I usually get kicked for "tampering with my connection" just cause i lag, i can't stop that.

7. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    One of the things I love about the new game. It's not perfect, but it is very good.

8. coybrafett

coybrafett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my guess is that the reason to reboot is so that even sides can be formed after the host quits. I have yet to experience host migration myself, so not sure how long it takes.

9. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish that were the case.

I'm still being placed in imbalanced teams, and I'm not talking one more player, but two or three more.

I know it's a demo, but as this is what often happened in WFC, uneven teams, I think this is something we're going to see a lot more of in the final product sadly:( 

10. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it takes over a minute to reboot the game. its a pain when your team is winning by a large margin, then after reboot your on the loosing team

11. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    it could be faster but at least it's there

12. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Sounds like some one had their expectations too high. This is pretty standard host migration.

13. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Years of PC gaming has spoiled my online multiplayer expectations then. I don't do a lot of online console MP, but if this is what passes for standard host migration, wow.

Activision couldn't spare a few servers for Call of Duty, let alone a much smaller release like FoC? Jeez.

14. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I noticed that o PS3 it can either be instantaneous...or have to wait a while to get it to reset everything. Tends to be more the latter than the former. But at least we are not getting kicked. Hopefully the server connections are being looked at as well. I'm sure we are not the only ones who have had this problem.

15. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I'd rather take slightly clunky but working host migration over being put back in the lobby to search all over again just because one person decided to leave the game.

16. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like it.

17. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    It can't be instant right? The game needs to find a new host and perhaps create new teams. The length of the migration differs in this instance. A few times it has been fast, other times the match has restarted but ultimately I'm just glad that it is.

18. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those of you who've had instantaneous migration changes are lucky. I've waited for what like minutes--I wanted to back out of the game myself and just join another match, as I'm sure it would have been faster.

If this is what Host Migration is, I would like HMS to introduce penalties to discourage folks from backing out. I know emergencies happen, but I'm sure the majority of folks leaving aren't experiencing them.

Why don't online multiplayers punish players for backing out of games mid-match anyway? These people are clearly gaming the system. I wish FOC had a punish system in place penalizing those who bail before matches complete--tagging those who constantly bail (like BlazeBlue does--an AWESOME feature) wouldn't be a bad touch either.

A drop in rank, a loss of EXP or a temporary freeze on stats would surely help reduce, if not prevent entirely, those who jump ship because things are going their way.

I understand HMS wants to increase the numbers of players online while keeping the experience fun, but not many people are going to find online fun with gamers continuing to leave the match because their team is down. I think a punishing system would help more than it hurts.

Moreover, implementing Uncharted 3's Power Plays wouldn't hurt MP one bit. Seeing how HMS changed things to MP for balancing issues and to increase the number of new gamers, Power Plays would definitely help inexperienced gamers.

19. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    compared to WFC's bullcrap match-endings all cuz the lame host left...it's the most beautiful thing in the world, no matter how long it takes.

20. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I'd agree with this. Whatever flaws it has, at least host migration won't stop my game from suddenly ending just because the host got angry at his getting killed all the time.