Hosed by Hasbro on Fort Max: What am I missing?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Preventer, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Preventer

Preventer Well-Known Member

I was very happy to see my local TRU restock Fortress Maximus, and then incredibly annoyed when I opened up the figure and found the insert meant to hold the instructions was empty. Spike/Emissary, Cerebros, Fort Max and the weapons pod for the leg are all accounted for, but the details on the packaging mentioned "3 x accessories". I went to the Hasbro website to download the instruction manual, but it looks like none of the Titans Return content has been added yet, so I cannot confirm what I'm missing. I made a check list below, would anyone be able to confirm if this correct? Or even better, confirm what the "accessories" are supposed to be so that I can make sure I can give Hasbro all the details they'll need?

• Instruction Manual
    • Sticker sheet
    • Fortress Maximus file card
    • Whatever the hell "3 x accessories" is supposed to be

2. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Do you have Cerebros' gun (ie turret in clear window) and two fold out ramps on the arms?

3. Preventer

Yeah, those were all present when I opened it.

4. Extrazero

Extrazero Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Unfortunately Hasbro won't send out replacement sticker sheets. When I received my Ft Max, my sheet was not cut properly and many of the stickers were fused together. I emailed Hasbro first asking for a replacement sheet, but they told me they did not provide them and to contact my retailer. Fortunately BBTS is sourcing a new sheet for me. I would simply exchange your Ft Max for another one.

5. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    There's also the tank thing that attaches to his leg... maybe that counts.

6. Preventer

Yeah, I mentioned that was included in my original post. This really would be a lot easier if I could just see the manual, but again, Hasbro hasn't uploaded it to their catalog.

Extrazero that is some seriously discouraging news. The one I bought was the last one they had, and who knows if any more restocks are coming at this point :\

7. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Yeah, looks like a QC issue where the machine or the worker didn't insert the stuff into the plastic baggie. It contains the manual, sticker sheet, and a Fort Max card. The manual isn't that useful, and someone here can probably scan and upload it (or Hasbro will upload it eventually), but you're screwed without the sticker sheet.

You probably have 2 options at this point,

1. Stalk retailers for Fort Max stock and return your TRU one; or
    2. If you don't care about the Fort Max card, wait for a 3rd party sticker sheet (Reprolabels, Eness, Ocean, etc.) and just use those. I remember a lot of people didn't even bother to use the official Hasbro stickers for their Metroplex and used Reprolabels instead.

8. Preventer

Okay, so at the very least, I have everything that makes up the Fort Max figure itself, right? The sticker sheet is unfortunate, but as you pointed out, there will be a third party set eventually. I just didn't want to be missing any parts on this thing. Missing out on the file card sucks though. I'm really liking them, and I was hoping to add that one to my set :( 

9. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Yeah, I'm not sure what the box means by "3 accessories". The only things that are removable and could be missing are Cerebros' gun/tank turret, the leg cannon/Emissary tank, the two leg guns, the blue pieces on the back of his leg, Cerebros, and Emissary. If you have those then I think you're good.

Alternatively, if you're in the US he's in stock at Target.com now. You can have one shipped to store for free and just return the TRU one you have.

Target : Expect More. Pay Less.

10. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    Not too keen on Fort Max stickers anyway. Aside from a couple autobot stickers, he almost looks better without them.

11. mr_lude2000

mr_lude2000 Well-Known Member

Im in canada...i just picked up a Fort Max at my local TRU. guess what was missing? yup! the manual, card, and stickersheet :( 
    time to track another Fort Max down and return this one.