Customs: HoS Bumblebee price check

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Hi Q, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    My hijack in the thread in the toy forum probably won't work, so I'll put a price check here.

I'm currently not in a position to release Hearts of Steel Bumblebee in any way, but I'm curious noneteeless. (And somewhat selfabsorbed that way...)

People have said I could sell this, they would pay. But how much would you pay?

Don't know what I'm talking about? Find Bumblebee by going to Cut & Paste Sci-Fi (link in my sig).

2. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

you could stand to make a lot of money by making it a high res pdf for download, because thats llike zero overhead for you. but then it would be more prone to pirating

3. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What bubble Prime said. I would much rather buy the pdf and make it my self than buy one already made but not sure on the legality. If I really wanted yours though I dunno about 50 bucks would be my max.

4. Hi Q

News Credits:
    For clarity, I am talking about a kit you can build yourself. Wether it's a pdf or hardcopy or other format is of no concern at this point, as for now it's hypothetical.
    So basicly the question is, how much could a kit be sold for? 50 bucks is quite impressive. 40 sales like that (rough estimate) and I have another BotCon trip. ;)  It's not realistic in the paper model kit market though.

5. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My price was referring to your already made one because of its uniqueness and my laziness. If you mass produce a kit on good paper I would say about $29.99 plus tax.

6. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    $10 tops. It's just paper, after all - a .pdf file, even.

I think it should really be released as a print-it-yourself thing to keeps costs low for everybody, and if you screw up a part you can just reprint another.

With a model like this, there will be mistakes made. Who wants to blow more money just to get another kit for one part they screwed up? Not me. You could offer free replacements for mistakes, but that would be all on you.

I personally wouldn't buy one that is already made at any price; half the fun is in the building, and buying one that is already made would be like buying a model that is already built.

There's always that last option - releasing the .pdf for free to the fandom. It isn't unheard of, and you could sell pre-builts for a good price to those that want them.

7. Hi Q

News Credits:
    I guess I could consider selling one of the ones I built... Actually an interesting idea even, since I'm definitely not going to do that en masse, and might evade legal issues that way.

8. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    QFT.

If anything, I'd buy this just to have a template to help in making a non-paper version.

9. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

Wow, I looked at him and he's very cool! I'm not sure how much I'd flesh out for him though. But I do want him.

10. Hi Q

News Credits:
  11. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

id pay ten bucks tops too. And i would wanna go the pdf print it myself route, because then i could fool around with what kind of paper to use. And hell maybe even make a cliff jumper!

but if you did release it for free, i would be your bestest friend ever lol

if you sold it exclusively on these boards, im sure blatant pirating would be kept to a minimum strictly because of the high code of ethics.

but sell the completes to the financially endowed custom crazies buying up all the "battle weathered" customs for 150 bucks a pop on ebay.