horrors of returning/exchanging gifts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jorod74, Dec 30, 2010.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i hate getting clothes for christmas because the exchange process is terrible.

today, i went to JCPenney to return slacks that were the wrong size.
    we get there, i tell them what i am there for, they take my bag (with the slacks AND the receipts in it) and tell me to go get the right size. they don't check the receipt, they don't let me see the label on the slacks to make sure i get the same ones off the racks.
    i fix that, and go hunting. i pick up replacement slacks (not the same style) that are buy one, get the other for 50% off.
    also, the prices for these are already discounted.

so i am thinking, ok, i should be good to go.

she rings it up, and i owe JCPenney nearly $30.
    $88 dollars for 2 pair of pants...that were on sale?

we had to walk her over to the shelf where the prices were marked at well below $40 for a pair of pants.

so, i tell her no thanks and just want a refund. after 15 minutes of watching her help another clerk, waiting on a manager to override, she rings up a receipt for me to sign for the exchange and then says, "that will be $43.xx"
    i told her i wasn't buying anything.
    another 10 minutes for the manager to return and i get a gift card with the refund on it.

bah, humbug. for christmas, all i want is:
    1. Booze
    2. women
    3. TFs
    4. Cash
    can't go wrong with that list.
    LOL. what's your tale of returns gone sour?

2. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

I don't have any tales of horror, like you've got, because I got # 4 on your list for Christmas, which I bought #1 with (I'm too cheep to buy #2 with #1).

3. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You did have a rough day..that is why I've asked for cash or gift cards for years now.. less hassle for the shopper..no returns for me and the day after Christmas everything is at least 50% off in most cases..WIN for everybody.

I did have 1 return today..but I lucked out, no lines, no hassle..as it should be :thumb 

4. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

You use booze to purchase women? :D 

5. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Believe me, it works. Booze and smokes will go a long way to getting you a woman for the night. Maybe not the kind of woman you would take home to your mother, but who's picky?

6. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I'm a relatively frivolous person, so I normally just throw clothes that don't fit away, or give them to goodwill if I'm feeling extra generous - mostly because of the hassle of returning them or exchanging them. My attitude about getting clothes for Christmas or my birthday hasn't changed essentially since I was six years of age.

7. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    All wins here :D 

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    With nice clothes, a lot of other things come together. Including the confidence to not let some retail clerk push you around.

9. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

No returns here! :) 
    My Dad did stop at a Cabellas on his way home from his trip to Utah a few weeks before Christmas. He saw a jacket that I had interest in and picked it up for me. It was a nice jacket, but it was unfortunately a ladies medium which proved to be on the short side for me. He knew I was a medium, and he found it in the mens section. So, I guess it was misplaced.
    Anyway, Cabellas is way to far away for us to return it unless we were heading that direction. So, I just decided to give it to my cousins wife who is a bit smaller than I am. Fitted her perfectly. :) 
    Other than that, happy with everything else so no return horrors for me either. :D 

I would be that the lady you were dealing with had a lot of returns and complaints and was probably frustrated and tired.

10. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I called Mattycollector to report a defective figure I got, and "yada yada yada," four days later I haven't heard from them.

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    are you channeling Rick James? :lol 

12. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

:lol  Not anymore. I'm engaged to the best woman I've ever met, so no need for any of that anymore. When I was younger, however, that's a different story... :confused2