Hoping there will be more positivity than a *****fest after the movie comes out

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by darthrage, Jun 9, 2009.

1. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    I read the last few pages after the DM stooge posted his reviews and it seems that people are basing alot of negativity on that review.

I hope that once people have seen the actual final product on the big screen with their own eyes, there will be lots of positivity and enthusiasm for the movie as opposed to complaining and whining

I am positive that this movie is going to be better than the first one already is because of more robot screen time which is exactly what we want. So if we're given more robot screen time, what is there really to complain about other than little small nitpicky things that are minor enough to shrug away?

Less whining, more support for something we've been waiting 2 years for.

2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish that were possible. But this is a Transformers message board and everyone agreeing on anything is never going to happen.

3. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Haters are destined to hate regardless of the end product and are already trying to find things to nitpick.

They just happen to be very vocal whole those who will be generally satisfied with it won't have to re-post their satisfaction in 1000 threads.

So expect to see piles of complaining.

4. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    I like :
    All the autobots except Arcee and Wheelie who look too weird. I am not sure why they gave up on the TF1 Arcee design. The TF1 Arcee toy was very popular. Wheelie looks too ridiculous to be taken seriously.
    Since Autobots are shapechangers, you can actually expect them to try a new car every day but they don't bec. there are not that many toys to sell. I don't expect the Autobots to stick to one car like the G1 car modes. If you were a real shape changer, you probably would try at least 1 new car mode a month just to avoid boredom.

I also like most of the Decepticons except for the doctor or Scalpel who again looks too weird.
    I wished Megatron was a flying tank. I can't imagine Megatron giving up flight.
    Soundwave as a Satellite is a great idea.
    Decepticons who want to be Pretenders should be able to scan any human shape using humans rather than relying on androids. Organic and non-organic things are all made from the same elements so I don't believe Decepticons are unable to scan the shape of organic things. All are the same whether organic or inorganic and all are one.

5. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    true but I hope there will be more "appreciation" threads or thread topics like "favorite moments" and "which was your best fight sequence, etc.

6. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I seem to remember a lot of people coming back from seeing the first movie and posting that they found it entertaining and fun. It was mostly those who expected something other than "entertaining and fun" who were disappointed, as I recall.

I'd expect the same this time. Overwhelming enjoyment by most, angry ranting by three or four people.

7. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

Dude, people are already climbing over each other to post threads on how much they hate the movie when they haven't even seen it yet. Why do you think it would be any different after it comes out?

8. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The problem is that, like many action movies, underneath the robot wrestling, the plot is pretty stupid.

Add a crying robot, 2 REDNECK robots, humping robot, OLD man robot, Old Man Robot with Cane, and the rest of the silly "humor" and it's horrible. The first is a bad movie. But it's all we got. The second...well it should be better, but better than bad, can still be bad.

There is a lot you can do with this license. Look at what G.I.Joe Resolute did for a "mature" version of a kid's show. It's awesome. So many holy shit moments and it was just regular human army dudes.

9. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

Um, wait till you see it, k?

10. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Yes, i agree w/ most of this thread, but honestly it's rather hard to avoid negative feelings.
    -Optimus desigsn was not know for a while, and until we saw him for the first time in TF1 (concept work) alot of people really enjoyed it, but there were other who felt betrayed. Most of this changed once Optimus was opening a can of woop-ass on IMAX glory. The first time we heard Cullen say; "my name is Optimus Prime", we all knew PRime's overall design was going to be a success.:thumbs2: 
    -Now w/ TF2 coming our way, there is so much to expect, and ofcourse nothing really is perfect, but a couple of things Murphy has said has really began starting chills, eventhough no one has seen the movie but him & staff from the film.
    -I remember when they hyped everyone that Devs and Soundwave was going to be in the film, how excited we all were, but it's now looking a bit sad because we wanted to see Soundwave next to Megatron like in the olden days, not just floating out in space for 2hrs. Devastator looks great, & would't change a thing about him.
    -Lastly, Barricade should be been in the ROTF, but I am not MIchael Bay, so hopefully I am wrong, and both Frenzy/Barricade will be seen, only Bay knows for sure.
    -Sorry for long post, but just feels great to express concern for a franchise that has made it so far.
    So yeah, considering everything I've heard so far, I still trust Bay to have made the best TF movie by far.
    Here's to the best film of the Year!! :popcorn 

11. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah you'll still get a ton of negativity once it's out.
    Probably get a little influx of new posters (including some sock accounts of trolls) who only sign up to say how much they hated it, and obviously the same little anti-movie group of people on here will rip it to shreds and repeat themselves for the next few years until the third one comes out, then the cycle will begin again.

It won't change. Luckily enough it's easily ignored. :) 

12. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I never take anything comment section posters say seriously after reading a guy's post saying Terminator Salvation had better CGI then TF2.

Because it's based on a toy property, people on those sites are gonna bash it without reading into it.

13. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Quoted in sequence for irony.

14. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

A lot of people seemed to have forgotten that the person actually LIKED the movie despite those minor setbacks.

Yes, fanboys really do suck don't they?

15. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

How about letting people complain or praise what they want. I for one am not happy about what seems to have been done with Soundwave in terms of his voice and other things..

16. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's a lot to like and nly a few things to dislike in ROTF, and most of the unlikeable is only if you're a big fan.

The general audience probably won't care that Soundwave is not synth'd. However, most people who are remotely familiar with the character know that the voice is an essential part of him. Prime's character, the only one besides SW to have his G1 VA, is exactly like his G1 counterpart. If they went through the trouble to get Welker, they should stay true to SW's character. I'm very open to new interpretations of characters, and for the most part I feel it's generally succeeded.

I like Soundwave's role in the film. That said, I wouldn't mind if he didn't come to Earth, but I don't think it would be too hard to have him meet Megatron along with Starscream when he returns to the Nemesis, or make an appearance in the post credits scene. It would have allowed him some actual interaction with his leader.

Another problem I have is more from a structural standpoint and not any character complaints (well, maybe a little bit). Any character that is not central to the story (Prime, Megs, Fallen, Jetfire, BB) or is comic relief (Skids, Mudflap,Wheelie)do not recieve any focus at all. Ironhide and Ratchet are established as support characters, and Starscream has more screentime, but Arcee, Sideswipe, Sideways, and the individual Constructicons have extremely little screentime/dialogue. More specifically Arcee, to introduce the concept of robot gender and not give the character anything to do is just a waste, and she should have just been pushed to TF3. I think they should be more careful with character selection and keep in mind whether or not any character they include coud have a decent role. There is plenty of cannon fodder to choose from (solid characters who just aren't vital enough to be really considered for a live action TF, maybe Brawn or Trailbreaker), but if they choose to include a character like Shockwave, Prowl or Hound in TF3 they should only do so if each character has something somewhat important to do. I realize there is that core group which will always have the most focus but including robots just for their name is not the way to go.

That said, this film has a solid plot, good characterization for the focused on TFs, and amazing special effects.

17. Conceptron

Conceptron Banned

Another big fat failure. Movie won't receive a cent from me.

18. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you Conceptron, we sure don't want your screaming and crying your eyes out while were trying to have fun.

also i dont give a shit about soundwave, he can take his space time and stick to it

19. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

If the last Transformers movie was a "big fat failure" then I wish I could fail.

20. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:

how did you feel before the DM stooge review?