Hope this will keep us until the NEXT dotm trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by transformervic1, Apr 28, 2011.

1. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    in other words, right now we can just sit back and relax re watching the trailer(s) and spots that have already shown. so much action, i dont think we'll be THIS excited for the next!(which probably will be as awesome) :bay 

in other words...... everyone satisfied? :) 

2. Christiankid7

Christiankid7 Christianbot

Starts counting down till the next WHERES THE NEXT TRAILER thread

3. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Actually, I kind of want more...

4. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

THIS

5. Chaos328

Chaos328 Decepticon

News Credits:
    Next Trailer will be with Pirates 3D

6. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    anyone knows what it'll be about?

7. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    A new one?

8. syclonefs

syclonefs Rogue-Prime

News Credits:
    I hope a new one. This last one was Amazing......but it showed almost the same stuff. I really wanted to see more of Megatron or even a glimps of him. I also want a stand alone trailer with Sentinel as the main star of it to show of the new prime.

9. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's probably a good amount of stuff they could add that we haven't really seen. I don't know how big of a part he'll end up having (or if they want to kind of keep his character somewhat of a secret) but we haven't seen anything of Patrick Dempsey (I'm guessing that is who Sam is pointing the gun at). We haven't seen Sentinel Prime in action either. I'm sure the next trailer will have some nice new stuff for everyone to analyze frame by frame :)  .

10. rodriguez256

rodriguez256 Well-Known Member

Don't know if anyone has posted this yet. An interview with bay at IGN. Some Spoilers also.

"Protect your movie."

This is what producer Jerry Bruckheimer told a just starting-out director Michael Bay, which Bay then told a table full of reporters on the Paramount Lot recently, moments before the filmmaker unleashed Transformers 3 footage on us.

And protecting his movie - and his franchise - seems to be Bay's mandate from minute one on Dark of the Moon, Bay's last TF movie as director.

Judging by the scenes we were shown, and the director's fierce enthusiasm for talking about the work his cast and crew did on this picture, Bay's not only protecting his movie, but making sure he goes out leaving some very big shoes to fill, for whomever inherits the franchise that he, for better or worse, has shepherded.

"It's too early to tell, you know. Still birthing this one," Bay said when asked where the franchise can go from here. "I think you have to reboot it."

Before Hollywood Groundhog Day's themselves on Optimus Prime and Company, Bay showed us 15 minutes of footage – some in 3D – that is much more darker and bloodier than anything this PG-13 franchise has ever done. Dead bodies lean against the charred chassis of cars in the streets of battle-ravaged Chicago, as Decepticons lay siege to a city last seen as Batman's Gotham. But not even the Dark Knight could save Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) and the cabal of Robot Special Forces troops he seems to associate with whenever skyscraper-sized aliens invade Earth.

That's because drones patrol the skies, vaporizing anything and anyone that violates their airspace. Death blimps manned by Decepti-troopers, which look like Brainiac by way of Cybertron, hover over the broken city as mile-long mech tentacles surge and wrap themselves around a building our heroes have sadly chosen for refuge. It's Battle: Chicago meets Black Hawk Down, starring warring Transformers who use Earth as a battlefield. (That sound you hear is your brain buying your ticket for you.)

Whether or not the story – the character drama – can support and justify this edgier take on Hasbro's toy line remains to be seen. But what we did see gives us at least 3 good reasons why those still suffering from the junk slap that was Revenge of The Fallen should give Transformers 3 their box-office respects.

1. Hobo Robot With a Shotgun

Bay asked us to keep the footage scene-specifics vague, or else he'd go all Bad Boys II on our souls. Given the alternative, can't say much but I can say at one point, Optimus Prime does that thing he does so well – save the day – by firing his arm canon point-blank at a familiar baddie's dome.

He expels the casing, reloads and brings back the action like it was a shotgun, like Arnold in T2. (At one point, not sure if it's temp score or what, but the scene's underscored by the opening percussion beats of the Terminator theme!)

2. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

Trading in Megan Fox for Victoria's Secret Model Rosie is like trading in the seat of your mom's Plymouth Horizon for a brand new hover limo.

Even Stevens' new girlfriend featured prominently in the footage we were shown, in scenes catching us up on Sam's life post-saving the world. Twice. There's a spark in her performance, and some chemistry between her and La Beouf that was missing in the previous movies. Her scenes also lead into a few beats showcasing more of the series' brand of unrestrained (read: potentially grating) improv humor. How successful or funny this plays is up to you.

3. Aerial Squirrel Suit Jumpers – Eff yeah!

You read that right. You can see a bit of this sequence in the trailer, right around the part when commandos leap out of aircraft as a burning plane outside passes them by.

Bay was particularly proud of this sequence, especially of the fact that the Squirrel Suits, with the extended wing-like parachute glider things under peoples' arms, being real things – despite one 25-year-old's instance, at a test screening, that the sequence should be cut because "no way is that stuff real." (Oh, college grads. When will they ever learn?)

The military glides into the battle zone, mid-day, dodging incoming Decepticons and falling buildings. It's the type of scene that other filmmakers wish they came up with.

Sure. Sam still yells out "OPTIMIUS!" at the top of his lungs. Parked cars look like something you want to serenade while listening to Marvin Gaye. Lots of people are framed really pretty as they look ominously at bad things getting worse.

It's a Transformers movie. But maybe, just maybe, it's the movie people will see as less of a "mea culpa" for Fallen, and more as the best one yet.