Hope? RTS Grappel/Lugnut ISBN Scan at Target

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Quixote_Prime, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    This thread is not about finding Grappel or Lugnut at Target. I got mine from various BBTS and HTS.

So I clipped the ISBN from RTS Grappel and Lugnut and brought them to Target yesterday.

They both scanned and came up as 19.99 TF Voyagers with the same DPCI as the assortment on the shelf now.

I don't know what this means. At least it might resemble hope since they're in Target's computer. Each of these has its own ISBN that the Target price scanner recognized and gave a price to. Of course, if it's in the system that doesn't entail there's stock to match.

If anyone has US Packaging for the RTS Legends or Windcharger, it would be interesting to try the Target scan. I'll bring the ISBN to TRU next time I go to try that out too.

2. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The SKUs are likely loaded into the computer as soon as Hasbro decides what they are, its all automated. The assortments were announced what, back before Christmas? That's when they were put in the system at Target.

Just like how watching Walmart listings gives us names of things that we don't know about (ie: its a data dump into the system from Hasbro).

3. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    Yeah those kinds of numbers will show the same for all figures in that assortment, so there is no way for them to tell if Grappel, Lugnut, or Windcharger are in stock. With the fact that little to no one has seen them at US retail, chances are very slim you'll ever find them.

Randy

4. Sepultron

Sepultron .

I want to believe...

5. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not to burst your bubble but it's probably the same DPCI number that was used for the HFTD voyagers.

6. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the OP knows that it's the same DPCI. He's just wondering if the ISBN recognition means that they'll show up. I hope they do but I'm not going to hold my breath.

7. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    Yeah -- I know this.

I don't know if this is good news but at least it isn't bad news.

8. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    At this point, I'm pretty sure the majority has order online....in the future if people continue to order online, retail will have so much product, that just sitting, will start minizing the orders/stock....

9. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^Nah, if we believe Hasbro that collectors only make up a small part of their TF business this should have minimal effects to the retailer. People just forget that we're going through a typical end-of-line + beginning-of-movie period.

10. twichy

twichy Well-Known Member

they recently covered up the RTS Voyager shelf tag at the target near me... they usually do that when they aren't gonna be selling things anymore...