honeymoons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    how did you married folk pay for yours? my fiance and i are trying to get ours taken care of, and its bloody expensive and we never started a honeymoon savings account, which would have helped. so i just wondered if you have any suggestions? we're considering a loan or a new credit card right now, just dont know what to do...

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    We included the honeymoon in our wedding budget and used the cash we recieved at the reception as our spending money. We didn't do anything specific to save because it was only about $1500 in expenses total.

3. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

We went the modest route and only did what we could afford.

If you can't afford that "dream honeymoon" now, do something modest, save for a year or two, and then take a second honeymoon.

I would wager that as newlyweds, you'll have plenty of expenses without also having to worry about paying loan or credit card interest.

4. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    We didn't go on one until 3 years after.

That being said we should have done what foster said.

5. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, it just sucks if we have to change the plan cuz we've already downgraded once. our total cost will only be lik 2500, but we arent sure how much we'll get as gifts from people, and we're also doing a dollar dance, where people pay whatever they want to dance with the groom or bride. so that'll help, but its just the fact that we have to pay for it all nearly upfront thats hurting now....we're going to my credit union to see about a loan, and theres a few credit cards with 0% apr for 15 months, which spread out would be like 80 bucks a month each, which we can do. i just wondered if anyone had suggestions, or knew liquor stores that are easy to rob....

6. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    The irony is that more than likely, you will be able to afford the honeymoon after you get all that wedding money. My wife and I planned a modest one just because we already have 2 kids and couldn't do to much. We stayed at the nicest resort in town for 3 nights. It was a nice getaway but wasn't too expensive and had anything major happened we could go home.

7. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    That's what we're planning to do as well.

We're hoping to go to Japan.

8. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    We didn't have one until a year later. Even that trip was won.

9. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just book a normal-ish hotel type place in a town / city within a few hours drive from where you are. It may not be fancy, but it's cheap.

10. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

We went to Niagra Falls. Used money given to us at the reception for it. Didn't cost very much. Maybe $90 for the motel and then money for food and gas. Probably didn't spend more than $200 total.

11. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell mmmm...energon

We didn't go on a honey moon..but we had been on several trips to and from the UK-US before hand

12. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    had my honeymoon at a resort island cuz the bitches always get hot and heavy when they go to island, fucked outdoors in the verandah even.

tried mooching off relatives?

13. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I dont like sand... its rough and irritable, and it gets everywhere... Not like you

14. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My wife and I just visited a nice state park in Southern Ohio (we were living in Columbus at the time). It's not the dream honeymoon I would have imagined, but since it was mid-December we had the whole lodge almost to ourselves, and the staff was wonderful- they don't think anyone had honeymooned there before. Although, had I thunk about it, Niagara Falls woulda been a fairly cheap alternative as well. Just like Superman 2!

-Tony!

15. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    nnooooOOooOOOOooOOOO

16. Lumpy

News Credits:
    we actually went to my credit union yesterday to discuss a loan, and got a pretty decent joint credit card instead. apparently my credit is amazing, which surprised me. so thats what we're gonna use to pay for it all, then as we get money gifts in, we'll be able to make big payments on it. and hopefully, when the time comes, we won't have a whole lot to actually pay for on our own. so, its official, we're going to disneyland....