Honestly?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Jan 1, 2012.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

This Has/Tak hate really needs to be put to a halt, and I have no idea what is going through the people's minds, where they get the idea:

"FANSPROJECT IS MOAR BETTERER THAN HASBL0W AND TEKERA TOMMY!"

Really? I would like to just throw this out there. Without Hasbro, or Takara. There would be no Transformers. Diaclone, the original toyline probably would have been buried into the past and this would be GBW (Go-Bot World), instead of TFW.

This trend really just annoys me. I understand that yes, Hasbro makes mistakes. However, people need to understand that they are a full on company and y'know, the less than stellar business practices. However, even then they are still providing a income to less fortunate families, could Hasbro afford to pay them more and treat the employees better? Yeah, defiantly. However, that is just business for you, it isn't as if Hasbro is the only one putting their greedy hands in that sess-pool. Hell, they arn't even the first!

Now, the negatives about Hasbro already put on the table. Lets chat about what good they do for us, as a corporation based upon our own consumerism, that essentially for the last twenty seven years spent selling us the same product because of our own demand. If that isn't good business... I don't know what is. Do they have every single character? Pft, no. Are they trying? Look at your collection and honestly think for a second. Hell, for a toy line that they really only pumped out for a little bit of profit before the god-awful movie came out, I think they did a damn'd good job, especially since they gained the crowd of those who stopped collecting after the original run/reissues.

So, lets review. Hasbro? Reason why Transformers here. Evil company? Which one isn't? Classics? Just a sub-line.

In closing, I really just want to take a stab at alot of the "Third Party Whores", though I have friends who are total sluts for the Third party stuff, I feel that if we would just give Hasbro some time, we will eventually get every single character. Even if in the case of the Combiners, not combining. I think that is what they where trying to get at with Silverbolt, and Onslaught regardless, and yes... they screwed the pooch with Classics Devestator (Though personally I really like/want that set.) But, meh? It was either repaint a already existing figure, that i'm sure they had surplus of, or engineer an entire construction team... I say go for the cheaper one. Money is money after all.

Well, that is all I really have to say on the subject matter. I'm sure I'm grenading a dead horse, but I feel that for those of you that do not already know, "HASBRO MADE TRANSFORMERS NUMBNUTS!!!!".

Ps: Happy New Year all.

Pss: inb4 tl;dr

2. TheDemonDzko

=P Not even trolling dude. I'm getting annoyed with the "Fuck hasbro" threads. yes, they are evil and corporate and whatnot... but they are like that Uncle... Y'know... Uncle... Kevin. Dude shows up at your house once a month, gives you noogies. All that fun shit.

... Ok bad annallegy, but the point is man. The "Fuck hasbro" threads grate on my nervs, because even though they are a evil company, it isn't as if they don't do their job by meeting our demand.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Agreed. Hasbro gets a LOT of unwarranted hate thrown at them. Though I don't recall seeing a significant amount of similar hate being thrown at Takara (they're more often than not used as an example for what "fans" think Hasbro should be doing). I also agree that third party "companies" get praised for what they should really be condemned for. I don't think it should matter whether or not Hasbro/Takara plan to make a certain character in the near future, it's still their property. If it were you, would you want some random people making money off of your creation?

4. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    I dont want either with out the other.

5. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I too sometimes get annoyed when people say "Hasbro sucks." Most of these people want unrealistic things, and they don't realize Hasbro has to spend money making things that will sell to their main sales group: children, while we get the occasional bone thrown to us. Sorry bros, an eight-year-old probably won't care very much for an updated version of Spanner the transforming bridge or whoever when they could have another cool version of OCTAMUS PWIME!

6. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    until i know what an "annallogy" is, i will remain silent.

7. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I think the third party stuff is as over priced as it is overrated.

8. BW megatron

BW megatron tiran

In the final act they are all in it for the same thing: making your money theirs...

So who cares who makes the best or the worst toys, as long as you get what you want. The egoisme of capitalism.

9. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    I agree completely. Without Hasbro, we don't get the incredible 3rd party add ons that make our figures EVEN BETTER. I wouldn't even say they necessarily make them better, it just gives you an OPTION to make particular figures fit your personal preference of aesthetic. If it's too expensive for you/don't like the way add ons make the figure look, it's simple don't pay for it. I love all my Has/Tak products and I love all my Fansproject/Igear/TFC etc. stuff. Can't have one without the other.

10. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Honestly DzKo, I'm your bro, and a 3rd party fanboy, but I agree.

At the end of the day, Hasbro still produces waaaaaay more G1 inspired figures (classics) than any third party group which SPECIALIZES in them. Hell, between Generations and RtS, Hasbro's produces more classics figures than two or three of any of the third parties have put out over the past year put together.

At the end of the day, even though Hasbro is tripling and quadrupling the amount of G1 inspired figures that people want compared to these groups, people still bitch and moan because of the simply fact that Hasbro MAKES OTHER SHIT.

Groups of fans (not all) are so introverted on here that they don't see movie figures as another line that Hasbro produces, but "time that should've been spent making MOAR CLASSUCKS!", and it's ridiculous.

End of the day Dzko, you're absolutely right, but at the same time, people like I just mentioned are so stuck on their own ignorant shit, that what you posted will just fall on deaf ears.

I love 3rd parties... buy em like an addict, but not recognizing Hasbro, and them even being the inspiration for a lot of third party products is beyond ridiculous.

11. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The way I see it, third party products are a good way to enhance a collection, but are by no means a replacement for Hasbro/Taktom.

12. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    :popcorn 

13. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    Im an equal opportunity hater of all threads started due to grief at some party or another.

Dont discriminate!

edit: and for the record, even if EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER was made my hastak eventually, people would still want more. Always been that way, always will be that way.

14. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Pretty much.

15. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Honestly?
    You guys get way too worked up about this shit. If someone wants to hate on Hasbro, who fucking cares? If someone wants to hate on third party shit, AGAIN who fucking cares. Man, there are bigger things in life to get THIS worked up about. BUY WHAT YOU LIKE, if someone else doesn't like it or has a problem with it, IT'S REALLY OK! Agree to disagree, we have different opinions. Damn this shit is dumb. I *edit* NORMALLY stay out of these arguments because it really doesn't matter to me, YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO CHANGE ANYONE'S MIND ABOUT THIS CRAP! LET IT GO!

Thank you. :2c: 

We now return you to our regularly scheduled Hasbro/Third Party arguments.

*edited for irony* IM

16. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

New year, same shit.

17. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    LoL. The first "Hasblow" should be front paged like the first baby born in most cities.

18. TheDemonDzko

It was on that day, January 1, 2012

Octamuspwimnbb1996, was given an honorary front page, and the grand prize of a boot to the head.

=P

19. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's possible to like both HasTak and 3P's. Just sayin'. =)

20. mikenoynoy

mikenoynoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The more you hate, the more you LOVE....Hasbro.