Honest Assesment

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by trickmikey, Jan 11, 2007.

1. trickmikey

trickmikey Member

News Credits:
    My pride is my MP-1 through 4 collection with 5 hopefully on the way. I like the original series and animation movie. This movie will not be Double Dragon or even Street Fighter.....It is going to be huge!

I am going to go see this movie........at least once on 7-4 maybe twice.

I would also bet that most everyone one on this site will see it at the movies.

And the rest will kick themselves when they see the second ont in 09.

2. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    Wow the second one will be out in 2009 ? :eek: 

Just asking ;p, so yea enjoy yourself when the movie hits the screen.

3. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I'm going to tote myself and 3 of my sons up to see it, it's going to be awesome.

4. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Honestly?
    From what I've seen of the movie (ie trailer) the Transformers look so different to what we've seen before they're amazing :thumb 

From what I've heard of the script, I like hte idea that Megs refuses to speak in English (or any human tongue), it suits his character. His appearance suits his character.

Prime also look wickedly good.

5. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so what will happen if the movie sucks?

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'm looking forward to seeing the movie. I love the designs. If it sucks, well it's only a movie; I simply won't watch it again. No biggie, and certainly not the end of the world like some people seem to think.

7. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    I don't plan on seeing the movie at all.

8. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Honestly? I plan on seeing the Movie. If it's good, that's great. If it's bad, well at least fans will have things to discuss for years. Anyway, I plan to see Die Hard on the same day, so that should take away some of the shock if the Movie bombs. I hope the Movie does well, I want to see more Transformers!

9. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    I want to see it at BotCon. If it's not shown then, I may still see it at release instead of having to wait longer because I may still be in the US.

10. Hakudoushi

Hakudoushi Well-Known Member

If it sucks, then it sucks. I'll probably be pissed for a few days and then I'll get over it.

11. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Exactly. If it blows goats, the world ignores it and we move on. Plenty of popular brands have had horrible movies based on them and still done just fine afterwards. It's no biggie. On the other hand, if the movie is good then we all benefit.

12. stylishkev1

stylishkev1 New Member

It won't suck. Everyone will hate something about it. Be it megatrons edward scissorhand type claws or the Flames up Prime (which by the way I think look ace) But the action looks mental and Mr Speilberg and Bay are not exactly new at this thing (although they could make a balls up of it- eg: A.I. and Pearl Harbour)

However I have faith and either way I'll be watching the film until I make a mess of myself!!

13. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

allready know i have the day off of work. me my wife and two of our friends will be there when the doors open

14. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

I'm less concearned with your conclusion than how you arrived at it. The designs are what they are - the aesthetics will appeal to some, repel others. The trailer was very sweet, but then most trailers are, especially for summer flicks. That pretty much leaves the script, which sounds awful, but it was supposedly an early draft. So really what does that leave? Actors who are decent but not spectacular, and a competent director known more for style than substance. On balance, there seems to be as much justification for a good film as a bad one.

I think the film deserves a shot, at least, but early reviews and word of mouth will be important. I'm not too keen on what I've seen, but I'm enough of a fan that my curiosity will likely drag me in. If the early word is good, nothing will keep me away, but is it starts to smell like Eragorn, I think the skeptics (not the same as the haters) like me will be justified in staying away.

15. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

We(my brothers and I) will see it. Aldo they need to make some changes to Megatron and Starscream ,we are quite looking forward for the rest. :) 

16. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

While I plan to wait until I see advanced reviews before I go see it, I suspect my 'OMG TRANSFORMERS!' meganerdness will have me prepurchasing tickets before too long. :D