Honda Accord Fixed...But...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OmegaScourge, Jul 13, 2006.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

For those that didn't know, while i was deployed, my g/f's car got stolen about 3-4 months ago (right in front of the apartment complex) and found found days later in a ditch...dumbf**k thieves broke the ignition switch off, broke the windshield wiper handle off, broke the a/c and heater knobs, broke the corner headlights, tore the fenderwall off, and couple other stuff....

got a new set of headlights and knobs placed...and went to a car shop to get the windshield assembly and ignition switch assembly replaced...wasn't too bad of a price ($400 total - same price my 2001 GA cost to change the ignition cylinder and recode the lock at the dealer).

All is well except that now i gotta use the old key for the doors and the new key for the ignition. Found out that they can't recode the door locks to the new key...i called around and asked other car shops and they too don't do it (i asked if they do iginition switch install (yes)and recode door locks (no))....

went to the dealer and they said it would be like $170 per lock (that's 3 locks)...went to a locksmith and they said it would be $130 per lock....so this sucks....

...i guess the way i can get pass it is to get a alarm for the car.

well, that's the story. I'm just happy the car is fixed so she don't have to bug me everytime it rains.

2. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Imagine that a car stolen in Beaverton.......

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    For a joyride, not for chopping, it seemed. Bored teens.

4. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Once again, in Beaverton, that's hardly suprising, or uncommon.

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

doesn't insurance cover most of that?