Homemade Wii Balance Board.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by funkatron101, Aug 20, 2007.

1. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Cool. Is that what the real Balance board is gonna do?

3. funkatron101

Ebay:
    Unfortunately I don't think so. Given that there are so many people tossing there wiimotes through there TVs, adding something that actually wobbles to gameplay=disaster.

As far as I know, the real balance board will register weight distribution, but will be completely stationary.

4. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

I think its supposed to have some movement in it as its designed to be part of entertaining workout programs. If all it did was register weight distribution to give on screen movement it would be pretty useless for its designed purpose. I doubt its going to have extensive wobble, but probably enough to make you put some effort into balancing which in turn helps core body exercises. Of course I could be completely wrong, we'll all find out when Nintendo releases the thing.

5. funkatron101

Ebay:
    I hope so, from the demo I saw, it was completely flat. It would be nice if it had a little pop out that could raise the board.

If not, I still think the balance board has a lot of potential, if they go full force with it. The movement issue with Wii tennis could be resolved a little (the next tennis game that is) by adjusting your weight on your left or right foot to move. Obviously skate/snow boarding games would benefit from the balance board, as would most sporting games.

Or it could go the way on the konga drums.