Home Projector component video help needed.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Synical, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Synical

Synical Well-Known Member

I just bought some component cables to hook up a dvd player to a projector, and all I initially got was an all red picture. After a bit of fiddling with the cables, I got blue to show up as well, but I can't get a green signal at all. I'm wondering if the old Sanyo dvd player I'm using just isn't working right.

2. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

That can happen if you plug the wrong colored cable into the wrong jack.

Backtrack. Always make sure the correct colors are on the correct jacks on the projector first, then connect the DVD player.

Also, some DVD players require that you turn on the Progressive Scan feature (most DVD players come with it disabled from the getgo, you can always set that in the DVD player's setup.)

Plus, some DVD players are capable of producing 576p (Pal) and that could cause some color problems.

So. here's your options:

1.) You have it connected correctly. (You'll need to disable Progressive Scan, but you'll still be able to use the Component connection, it'll remain in 480i, however.)

2.) You don't have it connected correctly. (Simply make sure all the wires are correctly matched to the jacks, and that they're tight on both ends.)

3.) You have it connected correctly, but the Progressive Scan isn't turned on. (Some TVs or other video devices will require the PS be on if you're using Component.)

It's one of those three problems, I highly doubt it's anything hardware based. If it is, you can pick up a cheap-o Durabrand DVD player from Wal-Mart for $29.00+ and it has a Progressive output.

Good luck!