Heavy/Scratch: home made megatron ( 2007 )

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Vincymon, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Vincymon

Vincymon Well-Known Member

This time I thought I would post a video. That way I can show the whole thing and get a better perspective.

YouTube - homemade megatron transformers movie

Yeah I admit, my video commentary isn't the most stimulating, but hopefully that will change as I gain more confidence speaking on camera.

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    that's looking pretty cool. his head seems a tiny bit too tall though? I remember making paper transforming TFs in school many many moons ago hehehe

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So is this just a paper former, or are you planning on scratch building a plastic version? Either way, deffinately cool!

4. Vincymon

Vincymon Well-Known Member

plastic. to scratch build this from plastic would take time and resources that i do not have.

I don't even know how to get the plastic. much less, how to mix it and cure it.

The most i can do is fill the next one with lots of cardboard and styrofoam so that its more stable.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    you use styrene, you can get it on the 'net easily enough, and in many different thicknesses. it comes in sheets. you can cut the thinner stuff easily enough, you can even use heat to make it curve. wouldn't be much different than what you're doing already, and certainly not more so than cardboard, actually. :)