Home Depot. CS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alpha Prime, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

Ok i am begining to work on my eagle project for boy scouts and i was looking to see if i could find a store that carries 1 in. X 2 in. boards. Simple enough. Lowe's hardware apparently dosen't carry a 1 in by anything. So i checked Home Depot.'s website. The had some 1 by 4's on the site. So i though i would e-mail them to see if i could have them special ordered. So i sent them this email.
    A simple Yes or No question. And this (after 2 confirmation e-mails) is the response i recived.

What's the point of CS on a website if they can't answer yes or no questions? All i wanted to know is if i could have a board cut. just that simple. I guess that was a complete and total waste of ~3 days.

Has anyone else ever had a customer service response "teeming with helpful advice" like this one?

2. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

We bought some 1x2s at Lowes last years. We needed some more this year. They didn't have any.

If you go into a Home Depot store, they'll probably have them. Ideally, I would recomend finding either a lumber yard, or an actuall for real hardware store. They'll have what you're looking for.

3. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

you only gave 2 dimensions. youre missing one.....

4. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

you only gave 2 dimensions. youre missing one..... 1x2x?

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Every single time I've contacted Hasbro.

6. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

:duel 

7. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I remember when I got my eagle way back when. I was 13 or 14. I ended up with 3 or 4 palms too. If your dealing in inches you might want to try a hobby store.

8. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Earlier this year, I was doing my taxes on Turbo Tax for the Web. I got through the whole entire tax return, after several hours of my time, only to find that the "send" button didn't do anything. It didn't make sense...the button was exactly the same as every other advance button I'd used on each of the hundreds of pages I'd already clicked through, and there had also already been a few where information was uploaded, so it wasn't different in that way either. I spent about two hours on the phone with their customer service, during which it was clear the person had no idea but wouldn't admit that to me. Finally, after several hours working on the return and two hours on the phone, the customer service rep told me to solve my problem I needed to delete my account, start a new one, and redo my entire return. I was PISSED. I asked if he was sure that would solve my problem. Silence. So I hung up on him.

Then it occurred to me that I was using Firefox and sometimes backwards websites don't always conform to web standards and only work in IE. I loaded up IE, clicked send, and it worked immediately. So the person was lying to me, and not only was he lying to me, but he was about to put me through another 3-4 hours of work for nothing.

Guess who I'm not using for my taxes next year?

9. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

Ever heard of a 2 by 4?

10. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    He means the LENGTH.

I don't see the problem with how they answered - certain things may be sold at some stores and not others. Like they said, call the store and ask.

11. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Tip #1: Don't ever go to Home Depot or Lowes for lumber. Go to a lumber yard.

Tip #2: Follow Tip #1.

12. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

HD sells some really cheap 2x1's I think 8ft long for like a dollar a piece or cheaper, they aren't nice, just rough pine.

They will have a selection of about 3 or 4 woods in 1x2's, the quality is ok but you'll pay a lot more than if ou went to a lumber yard.

Also, If you are needing exactly 1" by 2", you aren't going to find it. Lumber sizes are the sizes of the wood BEFORE drying. They shrink down afterwards.