Holy Silverstreak!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bluestreak76, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Bluestreak76

Bluestreak76 Well-Known Member

I was at Walmart today and they had like 8 silverstreaks in. I managed to find one with no paint defects as it appeared glossy on the outset. Sure enough his paint job is fine! One of his wheel pins wasnt pushed in all the way making his wheel loose but vice grips fixed that! Otherwise a very nice figure. Not crazy about the red rims....think I will get my painter friend to redo them in silver.

Also picked up a second Ironhide cause mine had paint issues. I got some of that rustoleum crystal clear enamel and im going to experiment with my crappy ironhide and see how good it works.

2. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Good find. I thought I had gotten a clean one until I transformed him at home and he had a white tear. Meh, not the end of the world but irritating.

3. Guneagle01

Guneagle01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the windshield on mine was sticky. I think it was the stuff they put on it to make it blue, cause I cleaned it off and the windshield wasn't blue anymore, lol. also, there was some rough paint on one of the headlights. I didnt notice it when I bought it cause it was covered by the clear plastic, but whatever hes still badass.

P.S. I like the red wheels

4. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i bought mine before i knew about the sticky paint jobs so i picked up the first one i could find...turned out fine :D 

5. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have two of them (one black/silver and one is blue/silver) and they are fine in terms of QC. None of my Nissan mold figures (Prowl or Bluestreak) have sticky doors.

6. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Have yet to pick up mine. Hope I avoid the sticky paint... my Prowl has it, and it looks terrible now. :(  I'm gonna have to replace him.

7. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    my Streak is fine the windshield is a little sticky and the red on the wheels is outta line in a few spots but its small stuff im not worried about

8. Bluestreak76

Bluestreak76 Well-Known Member

NVM I SPOKE TOO SOON DAMMIT

I was transforming him and left a thumb print on his door. WTF IS UP WITH HASBRO.

I tried the Crystal Clear enamel that was suggest on here and it ate thru the paint and frosted the plastic, Rustoleum Crystal Clear Enamel, gooood suggestion whoever suggested it.

9. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

dang, that sucks, I'm going to go check mine, make sure there are no prints. That is why i dont touch my prowl, silverstreak or ironhide.

10. OmegaCarly

OmegaCarly LoL Ravage

Ebay:
    I picked up Silverstreak the other day and the paint is perfect. The head-chest assembly and the left and right door-fender panels pop off when transforming and the hip joints are super tight.