holy SHIT I didn't know this guy could do this

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rapid_fire, Jul 29, 2008.

1. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

Or look this amazing!! I've never gotten the movie toys before, im just collecting the main characters now, and I got Barricade tonight.. wow, I never wanted these toys cuz most of the pictures I saw online, they didn't look too great, hardly looked like the movie, just looked bad for the most part.

I NEVER saw Barricade with his chest the way it is in the movie, I had no idea he could do that, as well his little feet parts I never noticed anyone ever put upwards. And this ones you kinda have to pull him apart to do, but the top of his arms, in the movie, his horns on his sholders by the tires point backwards. On the toy, they point forward, but if you pop the shoulder pads off the ball joint, and switch them, it looks identical to the movie.

I always go over the toys with a silver and black sharpie as well just to fill in the missing paint apps, but I havn't even done that yet, im and im way impressed with this little guy.

so happy :) 

[​IMG]

I'll post pics tomorrow when im done taking the silver sharpie to him. He'll be much nicer with the silver face, silver hands, and everything else that's not suppose to be black or gold :p 

2. STL

STL Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've never tried that. Good find!

3. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    neat.....but was just nice the way he was...still nice to know....

4. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

Whoa, I didn't know the chest thing either. Going to try this now, thanks! :lol 

5. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    care to explain how?

6. rapid_fire

I had to force it, but it stays and doesn't seem to hurt it.

BTW, this is the picture I used as "instructions" to transform it :p 

Notice he horns things on this shoulders, and the feet things, I was talking about

[​IMG]

7. gonzo23

gonzo23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    now I gotta go back and fix him! thats awesome!

8. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a good find! Shucks I must try that out!!!

9. rapid_fire

decided to take a little sharpie to him tonight before bed, I'll finish the rest tomorrow :)  I love this guy, but I think I might paint the nose too, looks kinda wierd

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  10. rapid_fire

hm, there, I took the photo in a different room, so its really yellowy colored photo, but that's about as good as I think im gonna get the head looking.

[​IMG]

11. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Perhaps maybe you should have gotten the premium version. He has silver paint details on the head as well as some other parts, and a much nicer feel overall.

12. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    I have to agree. The premium barricade is VERY nice. One of the 3 premium figures I thought was worth purchase. The other two were Jazz and Ironhide.

13. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  14. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Wow. Doing that makes him look much more Baytanical...I like.

15. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, the premium paint job is way better....but i cant figure out how to do the chest thing....i can kinda force it to stay together, not as well as u have posted (the first post), but it looks better...but i gotta leave the arms in that one pose, pointing away from the body, or some part of the shoulder will knock back the chest into the normal boxy way it is..which sucks, as i love this guy in the movie, but i dont get wat people love about the figure....the chest is so boxy and boring...just looks lame, to me...this helps it look much better, really...and the feet thing too, i didnt notice it in the instructions?! just tell me if im doing the chest thign right....im just holding it apart near the head, and pushing it together at the nose (where frenzy is hidden)

16. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Cewl!
    P.S. Your buying the movie toys NOW while all the good stuff is out now????

17. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This guy looks like an activator to me. Just my opinion *runs for cover*

18. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    haha i started late :D  then again, i bought 11 movie figures and 10 animated in just over a month..so im catching up lol...but let me know if ive done this on barricade correctly :D 

19. rapid_fire

Heshanj, yeah, it sounds like your doing it right, just squeeze the front bumper together untill it goes, it wont break, and should lock into place once the two hood corners touch in front of the head.

if you're refering to me, no, cuz I just got the toy last night for the very first time :p 
    and reprolabels are awesome yes, I'll probably order most of those sets at once, when I have more of the figures. I only have Brawl, Barricade, legend Scorponok, Jazz and Bumblebee so far.

Also I was looking at the premium barricade online, and he looks good, but my city had the First Encounter pack which I picked up, cuz it came with the little Frenzy I really wanted. I was gonna touch up Barricade anyways, so figured I might as well get this one, and get the awesome little accurate size/looking frenzy.

20. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wait isnt it correct the way the horns and tires are with out switching? looking at mine and that movie pic, they are right without switching. i know about the feet but not the chest.

i also noticed while trying the chest thing, it gives tension. if you look closely, in order for the chest in invert, the panel piece has to move over the part were the chest pieces slide out, now i have stress marks for trying this, so be careful!!!