Holy Grail Denied: Update

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ikado, Feb 14, 2006.

1. ikado

ikado Cuttlebot

Ebay:
    Hey guys.. A week ago yesterday I posted that I won this ebay auction: http://www.qksrv.net/click-1645815-5463217?loc=http://cgi.ebay.com/TRU-Ultra-Magnus-MIB-2-dif-Japanese-Re-issues-MIB_W0QQitemZ6033153978QQcategoryZ4696QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Well as soon as I won, I paid the guy with paypal but I haven't recieved the item or any communication from the seller. I checked out his record and he hasn't had any negative comments. I've messaged him through EBAY multiple times with no response. When is it time to panic? What can I do to either a) get my items or b) get my money back.

Thanks.
    Ikado

Edit: My girlfriend called and said the package arrived today. I can't wait to go home and check it out! I'll post pics on Monday!! Thanks everyone. I guess I just did have to be patient. Weird that he never responded, though.

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Wait two weeks. Although dont stop emailing him every couple of days if you want to.

After the three week mark, as for a refund through paypal.

3. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    Hmmm ... 9 days, no reply. Well, 74 buyer and seller feedbacks is a positive.

Sometimes my spam filter picks up incoming eBay messages, so I don't even have the opportunity to see them

I'd give it till Saturday. If no contact / package, send another message. Say you're going to file a PayPal claim if he doesn't reply. That'll get him moving for sure.

4. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I really hope this works out for you. If I'd won that auction and got scammed from the seller I'd be royally pissed. I'd keep emailing him every so often, use multiple email addresses as well, and see what happens.

5. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. I won a Squeezeplay on 2/5 and paid the same day and so far after 2 messages to that guy he still haven't replied and my item isn't here yet. I'll give it another week before I'll start to panic. His feedback is 99.6% so I am not too worried but still no reply = bad news.

6. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry. I'd wait a few more days and if you don't hear anything I'd contact PayPal. The good thing about going through them to pay is that you aren't SOL if the guy flakes out.

7. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    Actually, if PayPal rules infavor of the buyer, funds have to exist in the seller's account. If the seller transfered the money out, their account will be locked, but PayPal cannot go into their personal bank account to take out money. :( 

8. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Ya two weeks is really the standard for waiting for packages, its only after that when you should start to worry. After 3ish weeks I would start looking to get your money back, don’t want to wait to long especially with Paypal.

9. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

Hmmmm.... I had won a MISB G1 Predacon that a guy flaked out on. After about a week after filing a claim I was told his account had been closed and PayPal sent me a refund.

Regardless it has only been a week, so I really wouldn't be too concerned. His feedback is good.

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

This happened to me before and turned out the seller went on vacation.
    Sometimes even the good sellers get a little irresponsible at times when it comes to communication. You should get your stuff.

Hope you get it instead of a refund. Would take that lot over $300 anyday

11. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've had a couple of sellers flake out on me, luckily my American Express card has 100% online fraud guarantee and reimbursement.:thumb  Good luck with your ordeal.

12. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    bummer dude. i know how it feels. had a recent deal for a euro overlord fall through. sob.

13. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Guy's got respectable feedback and 100% at that. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. It's only been a week. A looot of sellers don't contact the winners anymore. I haven't been personally contacted by the seller, outside of the semi-automated invoice e-mail, but maybe once or twice in the last year. I win, I paypal, the item shows up; if it takes 'too long', I fire off an e-mail asking what's up. But 'too long' is definitely more than a week.

14. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I'd give it a little more time. But it does suck that some sellers don't respond at all, but it doesn't mean they rip you off. I often pay without having contacted the seller if the information is provided. Sometimes they don't send e-mails, but that doesn't mean they've ripped you off. Speaking of which, I should really check on an item I won last week. Here's hoping it all turns out alright for you man.

15. Zircor

Zircor Well-Known Member

Usually 2 weeks for domestic orders, 4 for foreign is what I wait, depending on shipping method used. You have 45 days from the time you pay that Paypal allows you to file the claim so maybe just have a bit of patience.

16. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I"m still waiting on a book I won to which the seller claims to have sent it almost 2 weeks ago. Hopefully it all works out for all of us.

17. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Even if Paypal are no help, your credit card company will almost defiantely help you out.

There is some chance that the seller has reaslised that you got a very good deal and doesen't want to follow thru....

but it's early days, wait a bit before you do anything.

18. ikado

ikado Cuttlebot

Ebay:
    I contacted a couple other people that recently won auctions by this seller. I guess I'm not alone:

1) Hello Ikabushi42, No I havent had any contact from the seller tslunday. I am getting a little bit concerned with his/her lack of response, but I am send him/her email every day until next Monday and then I will go the NPS route. Let me know if he/she contacts you or you get your items, he/she just might be a really slow seller.

2) Hi there I know I talked to them.But I think it might have been when he sent me an email telling me he had mailed my package that was just a few days ago I still have not recieved my item though.

So maybe they are just slow?

19. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

:peoples: 

Book? $10 says it was sent 'Media Mail' and it takes another 10 days or so. I hate Media Mail. They should just call it Slow-Ass Motherfucking Mail and be up front about it.

20. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

I've had that happen before too. Won an auction, and received the item in a timely fashion, only to find the seller had left something out that he'd advertised in his listing. Messaged him once, and he replied that he'd send it. Two weeks went by and nothing. Started messaging him again and again and got no replies. Finally he did, saying he was out of town attending a funeral. He sent the missing item soon after.