2D Artwork: Holy Giant Robot, Batman!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ger_Hankey, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Ger_Hankey

Ger_Hankey Now hiring evil minions

Couple of months back, Weewoo was looking to do an alternators version of the 1980's Batmobile and I did a quick sketch of a version for that. I also did a more polished drawing, but forgot all about it...
    Anywhoo, i was going through my stuff and found it again so I thought I'd post it. Enjoy!! :D 

Attached Files:

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    needs a cape :) 

3. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    that's cool, the only thing I don't like too much about it is the way the legs look it's kind of flat like if it needs a bit of a curve to it, same thing happens to me when I draw TFs. Otherwise it's a grade A Batmobile TF.

4. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    I remember reading about this. I like your rendition; it's definitely got the same vibe as the SWTFs (but, fortunately, looks better).

And, yes, the bugger needs a cape. I'm pretty sure Bruce would have built a parachute of some sort into his rocketmobile. :) 

5. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would SOOO buy a toy version of that!:thumb 

6. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

thats cool...I like it.

7. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

I like it!! Much better than those ugly SWTFs.

8. Ger_Hankey

Thanks, all. While the alt mode is the 1980's Burton Batmobile, the robot is sort of based on the Azarael batman from the comics a couple of years back, and hence the lack of a cape.
    UnicronHound, yeah, Id' agree the legs are a bit flat too.
    Thanks for all the C & C's folks!!

9. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Well-Known Member

Nice

10. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

na na na na na na batbot batbot batbot :D 
    looks really good man though he dose need a cape

11. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    For a cape, give it Freedom Gundam style "Wings" that just overlap each other and fan out around the back.

You could also do a sketch of the back with the afterburner pivioted down and the wings outspread in a "jump pack" mecha leaping skywards pose.

Those rear wings could act as (or conceal) giant batarangs, grappling hooks could launch out of the side panels on the legs. Could also be on both sides, thus acting as rappeling gear (see anime, "Gasaraki'"s Tactical Armours).

Mask could use some more detail, looks a bit plain, either gas mask or samurai style detailing. If you go the samurai route then you want to avoid making it look too gundamish as it's one of the standout attributes of the franchises mecha.

Spikey things on the arms (forget what they're called) could be bigger, maybe could slide into the arm itself.
    The arms really need to be black, I can see why you made them grey but this is Bruce Wayne we're talking about here. The man doesn't understand colours thus sticks with what he knows.

More weapons, need to find a way to work the machine guns into the robot mode, difficult given they're position but could be done.
    The big Turbine thing that you've installed in the shield coudl pack a mean weapon. I'm thinking some kind of toy version of that double barrled thing he used to escape Joker in the Museaum.
    It would work great as it's allready attached to the arm.

Otherwise, absolutely superb toy design, draw it up, sign it, copy it, mail the originals to yourself, send the copys to Hasbro & Burton then sit back and wait to be proclaimed hero of the fandom. :rock 

p.s. Could you do the Batwing?

Pretty Please?? :D 

12. Ger_Hankey

Wow, you put way more thought into this than I did!!! Definitely some stuff to think about there... the Batwing, eh? Hmm...

13. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I allready did a design based on the Batwing that could easily be translated back into the batwing by a more talented artist (I can only do line drawings).
    I'll post it for you later as I'm about to have dinner. :D 

edit: Sorry for going off one one on your design there, it's your project and thus your call what goes into it but a Batmobile Alternator is way up there on my list of dream toys sos I knid of got carried away on seeing such a great design. :) 

If it did ever get made then I'd want it to be in 1/18 scale rather then 1/24. Several reasons why.
    1) awesomeness factor.
    2) space required for gimmicks (a batmotor not loaded with toys just isn't right) and extra complexity.
    3) Would suit microman Batman to a capital B, what better ride could you give a Japanese batman figure then a rendtion of the best version of his signature vehicle that turns into a giant robot*. :D 
    4)Would look badarse side to side with my hot wheels 1/18 burton movie batchariot.

*And yes, that would make it a piloted mecha... bite me! :p 

But I digress, here's those sketches of my batwing/shingetter robo inspired TF. They are in equal parts not as bad/worse then I remember them being so be kind or I'll cry and sulk and won't post for a week. :( 

Plane & Bot mode with hand weapons
    http://www.wreckedandruled.com/gallery/album30/aag?full=1
    Weapon mode
    http://www.wreckedandruled.com/gallery/album30/aah?full=1

To see the rest of the gestalt I designed just hit up the links.
    Hope you guys like it. :thumbs2: 

14. Ger_Hankey

Actually, technically it's Weewoos idea, I just sorta put it down on paper.
    I like the batwing robot you did, its got a kind of Unicron vibe to it (bit happy looking for a decepticon though...) :thumbs2: 
    Fort Max, the bones are there, you could easily design a batwing robot yourself, I'm snowed under at the minute with my own comic (which is nearly finished and I will post it in the non-TF section) and a few other ideas I'm knocking around in my head.
    Not to mention a job, a wife, the kids, the car, the broken dryer.... I'd love to do it, but by the time I got around to it I'm sure my Grandkids would be saying "Grandad, aren't you a bit old to be drawing pictures of those funny old-fashioned robot thingys?" :D 

15. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    That's a cool concept. I really like the head, it's similar to that Batman armor from the comics. Man, I have to get those missing issues.