Holy Crap i LOVE paypal

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Tarngold, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Tarngold

Tarngold Knight of Braves<br><font COLOR=limegreen>G Stoned

News Credits:
    Well, i started selling off alot of stuff as you all know from my other more famous collecting thread "what ive learned about collecting" but this is more or less a rant for paypal.

See ive been receiving payments without any problems, and thats normal, but what really makes me <3 it is the shipping option.

You can go into paypal and pay for shipping using the money in your account and get exact shipping, with no problems when you get to the post office and get pissed off because your estimate was off in the wrong way. I just pay for shipping, print the label off, attach the label, go to the post office and just HAND it to them. No muss, no fuss, so im SMILIN!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D 

2. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Nice. Does the shipping come with tracking #? I like to give tracking to people that I am shipping to.

3. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    I agree with you 100%! I love when people pay using Paypal now. The shipping is the greatest thing they have added to the site.

it is brilliant even when shipping from Canada. You can ship to anywhere in the world and not have to be concerned with jerk offs telling you they did not get it and then try and reverse paypal payments.

I encourage more paypal payments now, that is for sure.

Spencer.

4. Tarngold

News Credits:
    Shipping DOES include tracking. The slip they print out takes a whole piece of paper, and half of the piece you cut off on the dotted line and keep and thats your tracking #, and i think paypal will even notify your receiving party with the tracking # as well via email.

And i agree totally Ages, the security of it all is just astonishing. I also live in canada and just love how Canada post is totally integrated into it.

I'm 100% satisfied!

5. GavynN.X.

GavynN.X. I want AM thundercracker

Can someone explain how this works?

For instance, if I sell on EBAY, there's an option to let Paypal determine shipping after end of auction?

6. Pooky

Pooky Well-Known Member

The shipping option is definitely fantastic. I just love not having to get in line at the post office. Long line? Problem solved. lol.

7. Tarngold

News Credits:
    OMG I JUST DID IT AGAIN!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190046826037

Cept this time i was the buyer, i just did everything in one stroke, and i LOVE it. No 4 or 5 emails before the package is sent. no waiting 4 or 5 days while your package could be sent NOW. IT TOOK ME 1 FRIGGIN MINUTE! IM IN LOVE!

*pauses to catch his breath*

8. evrdazed

evrdazed Well-Known Member

i had a buyer who supposedly did this for me. I paid her, and she sent it out via Paypal (after not receiving the so-called first package that she sent). She printed the label, and i got confirmation that she sent out the package with the tracking #. BUT, she never did send it out. she only made the label. The tracking # never had any info because it never left her house. I complained to paypal after 2 months of not getting my package. She argued that she sent it out using paypal so i can't get a refund. Luckily, paypal gave me my refund back because i did not receive the package.

9. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    how does it work?

how do know how much the package will cost to ship? do you have to enter the shipping size and weight? what if you lie about the weight or size?

10. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Wow, I didn't even know you could do that within Canada. Hmm... this is most interesting.

11. Mega Convoy

Mega Convoy Well-Known Member

Are you shipping by postal or other carrier? To my knowledge, the post only gives tracking for express shipment. That's great, but it's also expensive. Would be nice to offer a cheaper option and not have to worry about "lost" packages being reported to paypal.

What he said. Unless you have a postal scale, you still won't have an exact weight until you visit the post office. You can guess and be close, but not exact.

12. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    ooh nice ima have to use that option man

13. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    I have to try it too, sicne I have no credit card or bank account hooked up to my paypal account, the only way to withdraw money, is to buy something, which is ok, but when I don't have the cash on me to ship an ebay item, it REALLY sucks having to wait to ship things

If I can pay the shipping with the paypal account, that would solve all my problems!!

14. TSFC

TSFC Banned

This is yet another reason to love the 'Pal. It's always nice to have an extra set of bathroom scales for things such as this. :D 

Mike, there's a workaround on that. Buy a prepaid Credit Card from GreenDot (or another company) https://www.GreenDotOnline.com/ It's $9.95 to buy it, takes a minimum of $20.00 to load onto the card, and it's $4.95 to reload each time, however, you can register it with PayPal, and they'll give you the option to become a premier account (which means you'll be charged to receive money, but at least you'll be able to receive cc payments.) And if you've been with PP more than 60 days, and you're a premier holder...they'll give you a PayPal debit card absolutely free. So if someone PP's you, you can go to any ATM, or use it like a debit card and withdraw the money.

I realize it's a lot of work, and seems like a huge chunk of money upfront, but it's worth it in the end.

15. Mega Convoy

I'll be ecstatic when ebay/paypal finally get around to realizing there's more than two shipping companies to choose from.

16. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    thanks TSFC, I do have a premier account, I am in canada, so I can't do a lot of the things american paypal account holders can do.

americans can just request checks from paypal, same with a lot of other countries, but not canadians.

not sure if that greendot thing will work with canadians either.

I've had my premier account for a few weeks, maybe I can just hold off on buying and selling things on ebay for another two months and try to get a paypal debit card.

Not sure if they will though, a lot of things say you need a credit card first. which I dont have one.

I tried the print a shipping label thing, but you also need a bank accout or credit card attatched to paypal.

My bank account is attatched to my friends paypal account, when I was using that one for a short while, but now it wont let me use my bank account on the new one. only one at a time.

so I would like to get something worked out, so I can actually get the CASH out from my paypal account

17. Mega Convoy

I'm unfamiliar with Canada's paypal options, but FWIW have never had any issues with paypal taking money from my bank account (don't think they're allowed?) and credit card you can always fight. They can and do however go after money actually in your paypal account if there's a problem or question.

18. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Weight is EVERYTHING when you ship a parcel. The difference in price between 999g and 1001g is major, as is 1999g and 2001g. I've had parcels returned too me for insufficient postage because the weight was off by 10 grams. So I don't understand how you can print labels without knowing the exact weight and dimensions.

19. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:

20. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    aren't those expensive though?

I think I heard once that they are a few hundred dollars *ouch*

I think I'll just stick to letting the post office do all the work :) 

I mean, you still gotta will out all the customs forms and shit too, so this doesn't seem to much helpful at all.. except you get to pay with paypal

the downsides, is the weight could easily be wrong, then you'd have to do it over at the post office

you would need an expensive scale to get accuracy.

I assume you need a printer and blank sticker sheets which cost more money.