Holy Crap: Black Panther #7 (HoM tie-in)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by artiepants, Aug 31, 2005.

1. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    i really only got this because i really, really like Hairsnines realistic-but-moody art style (he did Ultimate 6 and Ultimate nightmare)

But, HOLY CRAP.

(spoiler ahoy!)

Apocalypse got absolutly PWNED in one of the best scenes i've seen in YEEEEEEEAAARRS

The look on his face was priceless.

Great art and a really good story, which made it odd to me that a lot of the dialog was flat-out bad... since when does King T'Challa talk like a V-jay on MTV or something?

2. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

I picked this issue up after reading this post, Apocalypse has always been one of my favorite villians. He seemed to be pretty far out of character, I agree some better dialogue would have gone a long ways in this issue.

3. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    i'm not sure about "out of character" since i've never really got a grip on Apocalypse's character - he's seemed a lot different depending on who rights him...

but i really liked the scene with him and Namor, how he grew gills to take him on

4. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

I liked him in the old Xfactor comics where he was logical and relied on subterfuge rather than brute force. In Black Panther he was largely just another thug villain. I agree with your comments about it depends on who wrote him. His best appearances were in Xfactor and Cable in my opinion.