HOLY CRAP about Prime Toys.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Torque, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    I was just thinking about it-we've got them all. The whole cast, in decent-sized toys (not knocking cyberverse, but a lot of people seem to care more about the larger toys. Like everyone wanted Deluxe DOTM Soundwave, not the cyberverse) minus the Insecticon (so far). Check it:

Optimus Prime-2 Voyagers, Deluxe
    Bulkhead-2 Voyagers
    Arcee-2 Deluxes
    BB-2 Deluxes
    Ratchet-Deluxe
    Cliffjumper-3 Deluxes
    Wheeljack-Deluxe

Megatron-Voyager, Deluxe
    Starscream-Voyager, Deluxe
    Breakdown-Voyager
    Dreadwing-Voyager
    Soundwave-Deluxe
    Knock Out-Deluxe
    Airachnid-Deluxe
    Steve-2 Deluxes

Like really, even though the toys have been super late coming out, they've made a toy of just about everyone, except for Skyquake, the easy repaint (an opportunity I hope Hasbro takes) and again, the Insecticon. Oh, and Makeshift-but technically the Wheeljack toy works for him. or the Dead-End he's being repainted into. Even the kids got toys (kinda)

Sure, some of them aren't grea, but they seem to be DEDICATED to the line, in a way.

2. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    This occurred to me the other day; I'm pretty happy about it. Gives us an opportunity to fill up the cast before they get cancelled. I wish they'd do this with all their media tie-in lines, saving most of the repaints for non-show characters and remolds for later.

I would like a jet mode Vehicon too, though. And I assume they'll go with the easy repaint and get a
    Nemesis Prime
    released as well.

3. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't count your chickens before they've hatched. Airrachnid's still a couple of waves away and I'm not even sure we have a Breakdown schedule yet.

4. HatRabies

HatRabies Banned

Did we just curse the Prime toys? :lol 

5. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see any big difference in what they're doing with Prime than what they also did - better - with Animated. Save for a couple of weird "Elite Guard" or whatever re-decos, that entire line was basically one unique mold after another... right from tiny Activators to large Leaders. Just seems par for the course when rolling out a new toy line to accompany a new TV series.

6. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Why is it surprising that the characters all got toys?

G1 pretty much only missed the fembots, Alpha Trion, Unicron, and the non-transforming characters. Remember, there were at least 43,879 named on-screen robots in that show.

I don't think Beast Wars/Beast Machines/RID missed any show characters.

In all of A/E/C, I think the only show character they missed was the signal 'bot.

I think they got 'em all from the 07 movie.

RotF missed some major ones...
    but really the only "no toy for the character" disasters in the entire 30 years has been Animated and DotM.

7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    To be fair, the show has a very small cast. For example, just by comparison, by this number of episodes into Transformers Animated, we had somewhere around 30-40 characters, as opposed to TFP's 13 or 14. Even Beast Wars was up to around 20 characters 32 episodes in.

But yeah, it is nice to see the line filling out and everyone being represented.

8. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

June, Takara and preorder time estimation listing though. It is consistent from site to site so around then or possibly earlier for U.S./non-Takara.

9. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Given the shows are basically just advertizing for the toys we should be more surprised when a character doesn't get a toy than when it does

10. Yaujta

Yaujta De-Headmasterizator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Plus in you include Cyberverse, you have the entire first-season Autobot cast already, plus Megatron, Starscream and a Vehicon.
    With the upcoming releases of Breakdown, Wheeljack and Knockout, the only missing main cast members are Soundwave and Airachnid.

11. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Similar situation with Animated, nothing to get excited so far.

Animated had the five main autobots out by wave 02 in deluxes, decepticons came out in voyagers and by wave 04 they were "full" as well.

As others have noted, we're still behind in character count. It's more than Beast Machines, it's less than Beast Wars, and I'm not comparing it to animated because it costs a lot less money to draw cel-shaded animation rather than the complex cgi models.

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Botannica from Beast Machines is the only one I can think of, although that would have been a difficult character to do as a toy.

13. typev3

typev3 @VinceSanchez

I'm still skeptical. At this point it doesn't look like we'll be getting a Skyquake figure.

I know, "easy Dreadwing repaint" but sometimes these things never pan out.

14. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    32 Episodes in TFA was in season 3, and it's worth noting that Prime didnt release any toys until well after season 1 was over. The RID line was basically released as season 2 started.

So in some sense- it makes sense for them to be "behind" where the other shows were in respect to toy production after 32 episodes. (i have no idea, but i assume TFA and BW toys were on the shelves closer to the beginning of season 1 than is the case with TFP toys.)

15. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:

Yeah it does seem Hasbro is going more in the direction of the Power Rangers and Batman toys, that is, make more variations of toys of the popular characters, instead of a more varied character range. Doing so also helps them save on show costs, and gives the main cast more screen time to develop, and be more relateable to the audience.

16. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Hey guys, its been quite a while since I posted but yesterday they finally got in wave 2 at Wally World and I just couldn't wait to get Wheeljack so I got him after having to wait nearly a year for its release.This is officially my first Prime figure,even tho I did get the Cyberverse Cliffjumper a couple of weeks ago as he was so cute,but technically he's not part of the mainline.And even tho I had to pay $14 for him he was worth it for his detail alone.

Next I plan on getting Arcee,Ratchet,and Arachnid when she comes out.But as for Arcee and Ratchet those must have sold out like lightning cause my Walmart doesn't have them even tho I found Wheeljack with the ten thousand Bumblebee's.Finally I wanna say now that DOTM is officially dead I will come back to my passion of Transformers collecting,I really missed seeing new stuff to buy.

17. unicronic

unicronic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    There's alot to be happy about in the TF: Prime line to date. Even Cyberverse is looking good. Plus there are hints in the future toy line that also may shed some light on the TV show too.

IronHide Cyberverse is a new mold but there is also a deluxe sized version of that mold too (Kup was it?) - seems a stretch to create a new mold for no-show character, opposite example is Hot Shot being a repaint of Bee which makes sense.

We also know there will be an Ultra Magnus Cyberverse and there are already hints that he will be in the show after seeing what appears to be a Cybertronian version of him during Orion Pax 3-parter.

18. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    It's quite easy having the whole cast made as toys when the cast number on the show is so damn small. By this point there should be at least a couple more Autobots in the mix even if they're just shown once in awhile like Jackie.

19. sh002

sh002 Banned

if you count the human cast we haven't got all them available in america

20. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That's a positive plus when having a CGI show. PRIME has limited characters so naturally we can not expect, but be more than optimistic that we'll get all of the show characters as toys.