Holograms and stuff

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OmegaVPrime, Apr 27, 2007.

1. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Well I posted in another thread that it is pretty cool that the transformers can mimic human drivers in their seats. Know I was however wondering if their will or wont be a Holo Driver in OP because I do remember their being one in his toy. However it could just be a quaint feature that wasnt put in the movie. I also was wondering, what exactly was behind the hologram in blackout??? It kind of looked like bumblebee's face. I mean is it "PART" of blackout or seperate?? These questions have been invading my mind can someone give me some info???

And another something I found, I noticed BB has octagons inside his eyes. A pretty cool fact. :D 

2. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Well the holograms originated in G1, the cartoon if I remember right, to help blend in. Nothing like seeing a big semi without a driver rolling down a street to cause a few accidents and get them noticed. What the driver we see in Blackout could be is like, maybe just a waist-up robot connected to a chair, and it has a holo projector on it, or i dunno. I lost the whole point I was gonna make. lol

but, i like how its a nice lil nod to something they haven't done in forever concerning them blending in.

3. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    Yea thats what I thought by looking at the toy. Im still not understanding how is all goes down, but it would be pretty creepy to see a fricken mine sweeper "BoneCrusher" going down the road with some sort of sentient looking human driving it then turning into a normal person....oooh that sounds so creepy!! :lol 

4. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

The G1 cartoon introduced the holo-driver, but only for HOUND if I remember rightly. Even then, it was only because he had the holo-projecting ability for other purposes. I honestly can't recall it being used after the second part of MTMTE.
    The Marvel G1 comic fake drivers were solid dummies - I don't know when holo-drivers were introduced as standard in a TF medium, but DDP's GI JOE vS TF crossover is the one that sticks out to me.

What was the question again? I'm pretty sure Movie PRIME will have a holo-driver, or the "robots in disguise" angle goes right out the window.

5. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

Oh yeah, I vaguely remember a holodriver for hound. I guess they figured that out of all the autobots an open top jeep really needed a driver lol. The holograms really are a cool addition to go along with the already great concept of the TFs themselves.

I bet the autobot holograms wave at you when you allow them to lane change in front of you, the decepticon holgrams probably flick people off.

6. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:

Haha....flick people off or launch a missle at your face :lol 

I could see so much cheese, and creepyness for these hologram drivers..

7. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Could the hologram maybe be Frenzy? The eyes looks similar.

8. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I think I never have thought of that before cause I was assuming it would be the other cassette Rumble but actually that could be the protoform Frenzy and he can disquise him self like that to get into an office then scan an item to become the radio on airforce one

The reason why he doesnt just stay a hologram human is because for one he is 4 foot 5 inches and secondly he probably cant keep it going for long as he does flicker after only being on the ground for like 10 minutes.

9. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    Im not sure, it could be scorps himself, in sort of a humanoid mode when attached to blackout????????? I have some crazy ideas. But who knows, it seems pretty plausible.

10. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    Look at the size of Scorponok in the trailer he is huge compared to humans, the hologram was the size of a human so it cant be Scorponok.

11. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    The holodrivers was reintroduced in Cybertron, when the kids suggested it so the Autobots wouldn't look out of place. Of course the Minicons unwittingly used holograms of the president and the secretary of state when they were pulled over by the cops.

Holo-avatars are extensively used in IDW's G1 comic.