Holly Crap its.... Cybertron Cartoon Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Darth Megatron, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Darth Megatron

Darth Megatron Don't tell Lucas!

Don't read if you don't want to know about the new Cybertron eps that have been shown on YTV, some spoilers ahead if you haven't seen it.

Ok, how many of you were completely blown away when Primus started to transform? How cool was that? But I digress for a moment to share my thoughts on the series since hey started showing it again. I like the cybertron defense team, not a huge fan of how they were re-formatted 'through hope and determination' or whatever, but they are a formidable team for sure. :thumbs2: 
    The Gigantic Starscream was cool and gives a good meaning to the toy, which left a lot of fans wondering, 'why is he bigger then Megs???' It still bothers me that Starscream had the power of Primus and Megatron still is more or less able to beat him (with the power of Unicron no doubt) but if this is the case, why does Megtron never win? Starscream should have killed Megs, not OP and Wingsaber.
    While on the topic, Wingsaber was interesting not my fav character, but cannot wait to get the fig. The link up between WS and OP reminded me of an after school special on peer pressure. ‘Come on Optimus, you know you want to, it will be fun, awww come on lets do it!!’ :peoples:  It bothers me too about all the talk of combining, like it is this foreign thing that never happened before. There were combiners in the first frigin’ series 20 years ago. And on top of that I wanted Leobreaker to get all jealous about it, as I thought that was why he turned to nemeses-Breaker. (On a side note I hate the Leobreaker character, he is nothing like Overhaul started out to be, he is whinny and unsure, he should be confident and maybe a little reckless. He is a lion and the new ruler of Jungle planet, not a whinny bitch.) Could somebody comment on the formation of Nemeses-Breaker from the GF series?
    When WS and OP were talking about combining, they mentioned that time back on Char, it was a nice homage, didn’t mean anything though, but nice non-the less.
    I cannot stand the series version of the ‘scrapmetals’. The name sucks and they talk about them like insects, but they are clearly Robots and transform. I hope that Hasbro releases all three colors though.
    Meg’s death was alright and I like that the Decepticons all took off. And contrary to most fans opinion I like Thunderblast in the show, she reminds me of the good old Beast wars days when Black Arachna was a Pred. :rolleyes: 
    Now at that point I felt like the series was over, but then…holly crap its PRIMUS!?! The transformation was awesome, (almost better than the Unicron sequence in the Movie :rock  ), but I was surprised to see this so soon. I don’t know how many eps are left, but they still need to visit Giant Planet and need to introduce Soundwave and the others, so IMHO they are going in the right direction, I look forward to Fridays to watch it, it is a lot better then Armada and Energon and cannot wait to see what happens. :thumb 

2. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    POSSIBLE SPOILERS

I wondered why he looked dead, optics blacked out, head down.
    I guess they need another key to activate him or something....
    I personally liked the Cybertron Defense team's Entrance, and the little scene as they beat Scourge and Megatron around like Scrapmetal's. Also, As another said, Liked Scattorshot's comment to Hot Shot in 32, 'I used to be faster than this', ' you gained a few tons, but it looks good on ya'.
    Starscream getting whupped by Sonic Wing Mode Prime
    So where are the Decepticons by the end of 32....Thundercracker warped across space, Mudflap on his way back to Earth, Crumplezone + Ransack on the Space Bridge, Thunderblast lamenting, Scourge wandered off, Megatron Dead, Lugnutz dissapeared, Sideways + Starscream warped off somewhere, there going to need a serious re-grouping in episode 32.

3. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Never saw what hit 'em!

20 eps left, so don't worry, the 'con will get back together

As for Nemesis Breaker you have to wait 2 more episodes, but

spoiler

her came a bit from Leobreaker

4. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Anyone else notice the G1 nods in some of the dialog i.e. "Till all are one!"

SPOILER:

I wondered why he looked dead, optics blacked out, head down.
    Let's just say he's a bit tuckered out after transforming

So where are the Decepticons by the end of 32....Thundercracker warped across space, Mudflap on his way back to Earth, Crumplezone + Ransack on the Space Bridge, Thunderblast lamenting, Scourge wandered off, Megatron Dead, Lugnutz dissapeared, Sideways + Starscream warped off somewhere, there going to need a serious re-grouping in episode 32.
    Megatron's not dead yet! The decepticons do get back together.

Basically Megs extacts the darkness of Leobreakers spark to create Nemesis Leobreaker.

5. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Keep in mind, he's only accessed at most 75% of Primus's spark, so there's a lot of growing left to do in that regard. He just got bigger is all, he hasn't achieved full power yet.
    It irks him now, but he eventually does grow to resent it even more. That jealousy is what generates Nemesis Breaker. And he's not the leader of Jungle Planet, that honor belongs to Scourge, even after he got beat by Prime.
    But that's exactly what they ARE... unintelligent, hive-mentality eating machines. Drones, even. And Hasbro isn't set to release anything other than the red one, as far as I've heard.
    One thing I wholeheartedly agree with you on - Thunderblast is an awesome character, they really wrote her dialogue well!
    Well, he has enough of his spark (3/4, with only a portion absorbed by Starscream) to transform and move his body, but he's not capable of everything yet until they get that 4th planet key. He's humanoid, but only partially conscious at this point.

6. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Yin and Yang

I cannot wait to see Giant planet, Megatron upgrade to Galvatron, and Primus fully functional and his fight with Starscream.

7. TerranigmaFreak

TerranigmaFreak Well-Known Member

Why does Thunderblast's voice keep changing every other episode? One minute she sounds cute, the next minute she sounds like a man. Actually, there seems to be a lot of voice changes throughout the show. Megatron sounded different in the first episode. The same with Coby. Vector Prime at first sounded like a british Rhinox, then later regular Rhinox, then back to british Rhinox again. Scourge's voice also changed during the episode he freed Megatron from his prison.

Anyway, the recent torrented episodes are hands down some of the best yet. Like 5 intense action packed episodes in a row.

8. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

its so tempting to page a massive list of spoilers ;) 

9. Darth Megatron

I figured that this would be the response, but if so, why is megs so much more powerfull? 75% is still a lot of primus power. I still think that Megs should have been offed by Starscream.

I thought that because OP ans Leobreaker beat Scourge, they were trully the the new leader. But they gave it back to Scourge for some honorable reason.

But they are not insects, in the show they talk like they are the equivalent to a 'icky spider' I do like your discription. And you must admit, they don't look to be made from 'scrapmetal'.

10. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    The bio for the version Hasbro released states that the one they released is a unique character that has grown his own unique sentiance and intelligence. He has grown into an evil, plotting transformer, not just a fairly mindless drone.

The additional background material listed on transformers.com states that the rumbles / scrapmetals / whatever, may have 'evolved' from some previous version of a mindless insect- transformer clone (insecticon clones from G1).

11. Darth Megatron

It would make sense that they would have evolved from the Insecticons and other terror cons from Energon

12. Galvashift

Galvashift My Buddy= Super Megatron

Could anyone be kind to post a picture? I'm still waiting for
    the episode to (IF THEY EVER DO ON CN) screenshots of them. :) 

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    As with many jungle planet transformers Scourge's voice changes when in beast mode to sound more beastly.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I think 'scrapmetal' refers to thier favorite treat (besides planets and Crumplezone)