HOF voting and why we need to think out of the box!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by KnightHawkke, Mar 30, 2011.

1. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Finally someone hits the nail right square in the middle of the damned head.

The mainline characters are going to be put in there anyway people! You guys all need to quit acting like this is a matter of personal vengeance or something!

Jazz, Grimlock, Soundwave, blah blah blah blah and so on will all be put in there by default in a very shot span of time anyway!

We only get to chose ONE slot each year while they fill the rest with the well knowns. It's our job.. no our Duty as fans to use that last spot to it's fullest advantage and get characters in there that wouldn't just be tossed in by default in a year or two anyway.

That is a wasted vote!

Use your Imagination! Power to the People!!:rock :rock  Viva la RĂ©sistance!!

Let me add the stipulation you don't have to go batarce crazy about it, This is meant as an attempt to widen the horizons of choices for future toys and cartoon characters if Hasbro knows there is more interest out there than the same 10 characters that get the same zombie votes and responses every year!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    That's what I was saying. Use the fan-vote character to get recognition for the lesser-known, but equally awesome characters. The "recurring incarnation every show" guys will get in sooner or later, but characters like Erector need your support now!

3. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I'm convinced. I changed my vote from Grimlock to Erector!

4. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Next year, Sky-Byte...

5. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    All this Erector stuff is a joke right? I mean this guy has played NO part in any major fiction. He's had one meh toy....and that's it! Now someone like Bludgeon who is pretty obscure, but is built of pure win and played a pretty substantial role in the comic continuity is much more deserving imo.

6. KnightHawkke

well on the scale of auto induction by Hasbro Bludgeon is probably not terribly high, probably about the same level as Rattrap 50/50..

So I guess he couldn't hurt!

And no its not a joke, It is who we have chosen to vote for, each for their own reasons as we have all listed over and over as that same thing has been asked time and time again.
    Some folks reasons are more lighthearted than others yes, but we all Believe!!

7. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Hasbro shouldn't have to put them in by default. They should actually be popular.

I presume the reason people were so exited about recent Jazz/ Grimlock / Hot Rod toys is because they actually like these characters.

Or is it better to reduce it to the most winning internet meme?

What the hell, let's immortalise Manatronatee, Rosanna, Ejector, Megatron's Duck.

8. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.<br><b><font color=blue>Bi

News Credits:
    For the last time: No joke.

And why does a character have to have had part in major fiction? All who do will end up in the HoF anyways, sooner or later. It's a really cool character with a great bio. Awesome toy with great engineering, representing the very best of the late 80's Transformers designs. And Erector was in Zone, playing a pretty big role so he is part of the fiction after all.

Erector is famous enough, different and unique enough to fit onto any list or enter any Hall of Fame, and all of the idiotic nerdrage that's been going on against him is totally uncalled for.

See beyond the incredibly clever and cool name, and feast upon the big Erector behind it!

9. KnightHawkke

there actually is a small following for Rubber Ducky I see picking up steam in as the years go by!

I am not saying to pick the single most obscure transformers that exist, you don't have to leap out of the box and hop right to the moon!:lol 

you know, just go a little out of the ordinary! If we show more interest in some of the lesser known characters it could lead to more exposure for them and others like them down the road, and we could widen Hasbro's horizons for toys and show writers they can make wider selections for cartoons!!

Fixed :thumbs2: 

10. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

If that's the case, why don't we get Heinlad put in?

11. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    hell yeah next year is the year of the big daddy, totally gonna campain for the big daddy to get what he deserves, but this year is the year of the erector

12. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    Well, I always liked G1 Scorponok, but I wouldn't dream of nominating him because IMO, he simply doesn't qualify. I know Scorponok is hardly obscure by TF standards, but to the general public, he's a nobody. You have to explain to them who he is. He hasn't been a consistent reoccurring presence, he's neither the biggest nor the most badass, and he's not much of a novelty character either.

Thing is, it's supposed to be the Hall of Fame. If you have to look a character up on the wiki, it has no business being on the list.

13. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ At least Scorponok led the Decepticons. And, it would be a highly entertaining bio, trying to pull all the various Scorponoks into one cohesive character. AND, he already got a surprise mention in Grimlock's bio last year.

I could see Scorponok getting into the Hall of Fame in a few years. I mean, since they are apparently adding 4-5 a year?

14. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    well all things in due course. In terms of priority, I think he's probably way down the list at this point.

15. KnightHawkke

G1 Scorpy is another one of those guys that has a shot at auto-induction, but far enough away it's not as relevant in the immediate future, but Imagine with me!

Skorpy gets inducted, the writers of Prime take notice and Boom, we have an epic Prime Skorpy CGI model that kicks 10 different kinds of arce and the Prime Skorpy toy to follow in its foot steps! (if they did it right, which is a chance you always have to take)

More often then people seem to understand some slightly less than subtle nudges can take you further than brow beating an idea into someone. If we start nudging Hasbro in the right directions now and don't brow beat them with the same old same old votes every year we can maybe influence them to open up the history books and dig deeper for new old material!:) 

We have so many characters that are just sitting around gathering rust that will never have a chance to "effect the franchise" because people can't open their eyes and hearts to different characters from the same ones.

16. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ That's an irrelevant observation. Most Transformers are irrelevant filler characters. I don't care if they are never used again.

Sorry?

17. KnightHawkke

Well, you don't have to be sorry, you didn't call me an idiot or anything. I am simply trying to offer a new way to look at the process, that if used properly has the ability to open new doors for interesting things in the future.

You can take Johnny "filler character" shine up his armor, give him a spiffy backstory and make a run with him in a cartoon and if done correctly you have a new fan favorite! having already used a Con for the prime Cartoon, we will roll with Erector next. You give him a recurring role in Prime with an awesome crane mode and the backstory, well most of his bio works well enough as it is.
    I am sure the next line someone would say is, "well that role can be filled with Grappel just as well" to which I say, Why? Why does it have to be the same character as has been used in a TV show before?

Options mon capitan, options for the future!

18. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    Someone like Scorponok is probably never going to be the same guy, it'll just be a name for if they want to have a scorpion-bot.

I do like when characters have something of a history that can be traced back. But they have to work out for whatever they're in. I've never been keen on here today, gone forever nobodies. I see more sense in developing what's already there than in creating all-new forgettable characters.

- because Hasbro want the public to become familiar with their core characters. They want kids to know who it is without having to tell them. It's better for business. This is why Bumblebees sell better than Power Core Combiners.

19. KnightHawkke

Not to go off topic in my own thread, but. I know the real reason why almost any toy sells better than PCC and it's not got much to do with famous names..
    Might have something to do with the limbs looking like crack addicted mutant tapeworms...

Gettin too sleepy to deal with the rest for the moment, will resume after a good nights sleep. Peace.

20. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well said man.:bowdown: