HoF Human Inductees: Simon Furman & Chris Latta

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by G1Wheeljack, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

yep, good call on this one.

2. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

It's about damn time both Chris Latta and Simon Furman got in. It may be in bad taste, but I hope "Coronation" (by Vince DiCola) plays when his family gets the honor. I have bought and rebuilt and Starscream after Starscream (G1 and 25A Universe 2.0) based on his portrayal of the character. The same can be said for Latta's Cobra Commander.
    As for Furman, his Matrix Quest was the highlight of my 5th and 6th grade years. I'm very happy my dad bought multiple copies of Issues #62 and #63.
    (By the time I finally got Issue #66, wooooooooooo!)

3. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I couldn't be happier with this years choice - Chris was allways One of my favorite voice actors of all time...he had this thing where he really made the characters believable, be it starscream or cobra commander.

Well deserved, I only wish Chris was alive to see this day.

4. samtastic

samtastic Herald of Wheelie

Brilliant on both counts.

5. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I like

6. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Chris Latta = genius.

7. Starscream0625

Starscream0625 We are Thunderwing

News Credits:
    These two inductees certainly deserve the honor, congratulations to them.

Do I hear a Gary Chalk and David Kaye, along with Frank Welker, for next year?

8. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I can't say that thinking of thanking Michael Bay is something that comes very highly to the top of my mind. Simon Furman did at least Invent Primus even if he as someone else said ; He seemingly can't write character or dialogue so great these days some would say.

Also it's curious how many Stand Up Comedians/Impressionists and Sitcom Actor types do voice over work.

9. MovieGodOptimus

MovieGodOptimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Grimlock gets inducted when Furman gets inducted?!

OH GOD IT'S A SIGN!

10. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be plainfully blunt about it Furman should have got in before Bay for certain, he's a good choice.

With Gary Chalk and David Kaye attending I'm surprised they're not being inducted.

11. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This! I'm sure the reason Starscream was my fave character back in the day and my first ever TF toy is 90% due to the talents of Mr Chris Latta. No other Starscream since has captured what he did.
    I'm pretty sure Latta did all the vocals for Starscream. It varied sometimes depending on how extreme he went with it. In that particular ep Starscream is reunited with his old friend from their pre-war scientist days so he may have toned it down, but it's still recognisably him.

12. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    When Starscream relates his history with Skyfire, his voice does take on a VERY noticeably different tone - it's definitely still Latta, no question, but it doesn't appear to be a deliberate attempt at "toning it down" for the sake of the moment or the scene, but just an odd take on the line.

13. sureshotimus

sureshotimus Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Chris Latta deserves to be in there for sure.!!

Starscream was and still is my fav character of all time and like a person above me said im sure its because of the incredible voice acting work and how Chris Latta fleshed out and made the character come alive to me in the cartoon.

R.I.P. Mr. Latta
    You deserve this honor and your incredible work lives on with every epidoes i rewatch of G1 or G.I. Joe.

14. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Am I the only one who doesn't think Latta deserves it? I mean, he voiced some of my favorite characters, and his Starscream voice is legendary but... he hasn't done much other than voice some G1 characters. One very important G1 character, sure, but that honestly doesn't seem like enough to justify it for me.

15. dcarpenter46

dcarpenter46 Transformers Emporium

[​IMG] No body deserves this more than Chris Latta, the circumstances of his death will always be a sad thing. But his work as Cobra Commander and Starscream will live on forever as two of the most Iconic cartoon characters to have ever graced the 80's. (Even now I hear his voice as my son watches GI Joe) R.I.P. Christopher "Youve earned this.."
    And Frank Welker, its time you got your arse to BOTCON so they can give you an award!!!! You know you deserve it, half the show was voiced by you!! lol.
    Till All Are One..

[​IMG]

What!!! Is this mine??? Ohhhhhh Yea!!! Transform and Roll Out!!! [​IMG]

16. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    And that is why Wheeljack should be inducted.

Wouldn't it be great if Latta and Wheeljack, whom he also voiced, were nominated in the same year? How honoured would his family feel?

Voted Jackie! :p 

17. C.W. McConvoy

C.W. McConvoy 破壊大帝

These two absolutely deserve it.
    Chris Latta actually voiced Cobra Commander (and others) in those very early G.I. Joe ads in '82.
    Welker also deserves to get in and I think Victor Caroli as well. He was the voice of the whole Transformers brand from the beginning of G1 until the early Beast Wars ads.

18. Shockblast2

Shockblast2 Banned

WHAT? Frank Welker is not in there?

OK, let me get this straight, Michael Bay and Stephen Spielberg are in, but Chris Latta just got in and Welker is not even in???????

Nuff said. This whole "hall of fame" scam is ridicious. They obviously invented it just to keep the eyes on this franchise. The Transformers have become nothing more than a vehicle for rich people to fleece the rest of us.

No more money from me. Period. Only 3rd party going forward. Hasbro can kiss off. At least the 3rd party guys care about what we want to see.

19. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

You're joking right? You're going to stop buying Hasbro's figures because Frank Welker is not in the HoF? Did you miss the posts saying that he's been unable to attend Botcon and that it's believed Hasbro wants him in attendance when he makes it in?

Do you even know why Bay and Spielberg made it in? They're there because they literally brought TFs to a whole new generation. Their movies made a shit-ton of cash and were seen by millions upon millions of people, which enabled Hasbro to sell toys. Which, in the end, is what they're here to do. Bay and Spielberg completely deserve to be in there because of what they single-handedly did for this fandom. Frank Welker didn't make a billion dollar movie, now did he?

He deserves to be in, but it's Hasbro's call when that happens.

I'm sorry, but this is a very silly reason to stop buying official products.

And the HoF is not a scam. It's something Hasbro does for the fan community. It doesn't keep eyes on the franchise because children and most casual collectors aren't even aware of its existence. Only a small percentage of the people who buy Hasbro's stuff are even in attendance. So if you wanna stop buying official figures because of something completely unrelated, then please, go right ahead.

:rolleyes: 

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  20. Shockblast2

Shockblast2 Banned

Thast is not the only reason, weirdo. You wanna know the main reason. $15 for a scout dressed up as a deluxe. $20 for a deluxe dressed up as a voyager. And don't give me that inflation crap. I am an accountant for one of the largest plastics manufacturers in the world.

One word friends. Greed. Not to mention the fact that littleChinese kids are having their hands burned off so we can have our toy.

So yes, as of today I will NEVER buy another Hasbro toy again. Call it a revelation.