Hobo With a Shotgun: Greatest Film Ever Made?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Gojira Prime, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

It's certainly shaping up to be.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1640459/

Based on the fake Grindhouse trailer of the same name, Hobo with a Shotgun tells the story of a homeless man in a crime-ridden city who cashes all of his collected change for a 20-gauge shotgun in order to take the law into his own hands.

The movie is directed by long-time amateur, first-time professional Jason Eisener, and (here's the really big hook) stars Rutger Hauer in the title role.

There are two trailers currently available (the official one for the feature and the original one made for Grindhouse), but both are totally uncensored and very, very, very, very gory, which makes me hesitant to post direct links, but you can find them both, along with Behind the Scenes videos, on the director's YouTube channel.

/user/jasoneisener

As you can probably tell, I'm totally psyched for this movie. I've watched both trailers at least 10 times (combined, but still), and am convinced that this will be some of the most glorious intentional schlock ever committed to cinema.

Now spread the word, you dirty c*ck suckers!

2. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Greatest is pushing it, but damn good.

3. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just like 99% of all parody exploitation / B-grade movies it's an amusing trailer that when stretched out to a 90 minute feature becomes boring as shit and not very funny.

4. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

Having seen all the director's previous work, I think it's safe to assume this will be far from boring. Maybe not laugh-out-loud from start to finish, but certainly not boring.

The thing that's impressed me about what he's done is that he doesn't just make bad films and have the humor come from how bad they are, but rather blends that sensibility with genuine dark comedy. Check out the "behind the scenes" video titled "The Rookie" for a good example of what I'm talking about.

Although, I would agree that it's highly doubtful that it will measure up to what the original fake trailer accomplished.

5. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    Well, Machete turned out awesome. I can only imagine that Hobo will be just as epic.

7. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I'm still waiting for the Thanksgiving movie, with turkey fucking action and all. That trailer killed me

8. stilettoheels

stilettoheels Banned

YES!!! greatest CANADIAN movie ever made!!

i know quite a few of the actors, and it was shot right here where i live.