HobbyLink Japan preorder question

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Paladin, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    (Pretty sure this is the right place, feel free to move if not.)

I have some questions about ordering from HobbyLink Japan. I use them a lot but almost never for pre-orders.

If I order an item when its on normal "Pre-Order" status but then goes to "Order Stop/Backordered," will I still receive it upon release or will I have to keep waiting?

2. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn You Are Out of Range

News Credits:
    I think HLJ preorders work okay if you only have one item on preorder and have a credit card or Paypal billing agreement set up where they can charge you automatically. From everything I've heard of carrying multiple preorders with HLJ, if you're not camped on it to catch it as it comes in stock, there's no guaranteeing you'll get the order fulfilled. HLJ doesn't hold items in preorder as they come in stock, but if you have numerous things on order they still by default wait for everything to be in stock for shipping before they lock you in and charge you. You have to request shipping for each item as it becomes available or risk it selling out.

If you placed a preorder while it was on preorder status and it changes to order stop afterward, it should mean you're set, but that multiple preorders thing will still apply. In that case make sure to catch it as early as you can on release day to request shipping of available items so you get fulfilled while they have the preorder stock still available.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Order Stop just means that they've taken all the preorders they expect to be able to fill. You should still be likely to get your product, although I find it's safest to know what the release date is and log in and tell them to ship it once that day hits, otherwise there is the risk of them selling out all the stock before you get a chance to pay for it (depending on the popularity of the item). I've never had a preorder fail on me, but I know some people have on more in-demand things like OOO medals.