Customs: Hobby Gloves?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Satomiblood, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Does anyone use them? If so, are they worth it? Is there a benefit in some aspects of customizing?

2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    What would they be like? Are they like mechanics gloves, which provide some protection while allowing better grip?

In any case, I actually do not like anything between my hands and what I'm working on. I am a mason by trade, and most guys use a glove on their "block" hand (not the "trowel" hand) I found this to hinder my "feel" when laying blocks.

I find the same applies to the hobby. I simply can't "feel" what I'm doing as well, even with something as thin as latex gloves. I can gauge much better things like how much pressure I am applying to a part, how thin I am shaving/sanding a part , etc. So for me, I don't have much use for 'em!

I would like to hear from some folks that do, and hear some of the positives!:thumb 

3. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    I can't say I've ever tried them for bashing for the same reasons BH has said.
    I do where gloves at work when I do my auto bodywork, but on the finer sanding & detail jobs.
    I have to take them off so i can feel what I'm doing better.

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I think they're just latex gloves.

5. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:

Yeah, or nitrile. Either way they feel just a little "off" when I wear 'em. Maybe when spray painting Primers it would be okay, that seems to be a step that does not require so much "hand to plastic" contact work.

6. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

I use latex glove so that I dont get paint on my hands. I'm talking about the oil based kind.

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't use gloves of any sort.