HMS Should add in executions

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Shizuka, Aug 28, 2012.

?

HMS should add in executions

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I was praying that this would be in the final game but sadly it isn't. I'd really like executions for sneaking up behind opponents:

Infiltrators could do one of Cliffjumper's moves

Scientists could plant bombs on people

Destroyers could stick their weapons in the bot's back and blow them apart

Titans could crush other classes.

Something like that would add a bit more depth to the combat.

2. Believixprime29

Believixprime29 Well-Known Member

If that was the case, people would spam that move like no tommorrow even though it is a cool concept.

3. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    That would be awesome

But

WAY EFFING OVERPOWERED NOOOO!!!

4. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    go play assassin's creed multiplayer then

5. Duwian

Duwian Wants FoC EVERYTHING

It is an awesome concept, yeah, but if that were in multiplayer. Everyone would be an infiltrator and cloak behing people. Way overpowered.

6. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Doubt it. The concept is used HEAVILY in Halo: Reach (and 4) yet I rarely see it happen in the various online modes. It's a context-sensitive thing in that series, used mainly to punish those who aren't very aware of their surroundings either through lack of awareness, camping, etc.

7. Shizuka

News Credits:
    Exactly my point. Plus cloaking isn't too effective anymore so if you can actually get behind your opponent then you deserve that easy kill. It also promots vigillance especially in modes like Conquest where people just stand around when capturing nodes.

I own Halo: Reach and the combat can get quite intense when you assassinate someone there it's very satisfying and when you're assassinated you realise that you're not taking your survival seriously enough because you can die at any moment and not just from gunshots.

8. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    But the WFOC players aren't fair players, they spam the most overpowered thing they can.

9. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't object to executions being a feature in Escalation, though I'm fine without them in Multiplayer.

10. Secretcode

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    ..and that's not the case for Halo or any other multiplayer shooter?

11. Shizuka

News Credits:
    Wasn't bunny-hopping invented in Halo?

12. Secretcode

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    No. Bunny Hopping has been a staple of many competitive first person shooters (with varying levels of success) since the Quakeworld and Tribes days.

13. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

Yes
    They would also have to include crouch to that u can tea bag ur victim after :lolol 

Since its a fast paced game and not many people are standing still it wouldn't be that over powered , it could always be an ability which is available for all the classes so that not everyone can do it as standard.

14. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    They have that in TF2. It's called a taunt kill, and it executes someone instantaneously. The downside is that you have to remain completely immobile as you perform it, the person you're doing it to has to stand in one position as you're doing the taunt, and you can't correct your aim.

If you want "if I'm ever behind somebody I want them to die instantly!" I'm gonna say that's not feasible. It needs a significant amount of counterbalance, and then it wouldn't be all that useful.

15. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

Yeah I own Halo Reach and its very difficult to get behind somebody online, and even in the campaign. I your able to get in quickly and assassinate them, then you rightfully deserve that kill. Halo players, Call of Duty players, Battlefield players, Transformers players, etc rarely play fair, and I should know because I've expirienced it first-hand with Transformers hackers, and Halo Reach "everyone on the opposing side is going team up to try and kill only you, because you have killed each of them at least 35 times without dying". :( 

16. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Backstab instakills are always dumb as shit. Anything that is a virtually instant kill and requires only luck to perform has no place in a competitive gametype.

Damage multipliers from behind are always stupid and lead to the type of idiotic behaviour you'd see a ton of from Scouts in WFC. Just trying to strafe in circles around an enemy looking for that back attack. No strategy, just throwing yourself at their face and knowing the games awful hitboxes would reward your incompetence.

As for the communities love of overpowered stuff, its the same with the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer community and as far as I can see for the same reason. With a vast number of the playerbase this is all they play online, so they have no concept of adapting their game plan to suit a situation or finding a different way around something. Just grab the most overpowered weapon/build and spam it endlessly like you would in singleplayer. We see with all the whining about how Scouts/Scientists can't just charge 5 Titans and effortlessly wipe them out as if that is somehow wrong or unfair. They don't understand that this isnt the singleplayer games they are used to and they can't treat them the same way.

Also I always use the executions in Halo Reach. To me those are the sign of, 'I'm not taking this seriously and don't care if I get killed doing it'. Not just tapping melee for a pro instant kill.

17. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Executions barely work and don't really add anything into multiplayer.

Halo Reach, Killzone 3, and Aliens versus Predator have executions in multiplayer.

Know what happens? Execution trains.

Let's say you sneak up on me and you get an Execution animation off on me. Then someone sees you doing it, they haul ass over to you and position themselves, and when your animation ends, suddenly you're being executed. That's ALL the game boils down to. After awhile people just stop using executions because the Train is such a goddamn dumb thing.

18. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Yeeeeaaahhhhh.....I don't think so.

19. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would love them. In fact I wouldn't mind more things from Halo being included like playlists.

20. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

It can be done if done right. For example, if you melee someone and that melee kills the guy, you could have an execution move or something.