HMS polishing multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Onslaught24, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    why the hell do they need the community telling them how do replicate bugs in their games? can their testers and programmers not figure these things out? :lol 

this is just another thing that makes me weary for FOC. if the people that made it don't even know what bs was in their game, or even how to replicate it, how are they going to fix new bs when it pops up in FOC? just do nothing about it like they did for WFC?

I really hope this is nothing more then a showing of good faith by them and appeasing the community, rather then a sign that there may be worse things that they won't know about or fix in FOC.

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Do you have no idea how game development works? Their QA testers do there hardest to find every bug they can and indeed get a LOT of them squashed. But no matter how good 20 QA testers are they will NEVER find as many bugs as 10,000 will. This is the same reason games have public betas. There is nothing as useful to squash bugs as thousands of people doing every random thing possible.

Having apprehension about Fall of Cybertron asking for bug reports is as silly as having apprehension for World of Warcraft Expansion 600 having a public beta.

3. Cracka J

News Credits:
    Actually I do lol. Worked as a tester for several years. When a known bug is reported from location (I tested for arcade games) we basically backwards engineered it to break it down and find where it was coming from. If we couldn't replicate it, the programmers would usually assist and give pointers as to where it could be occurring so we could continue trying to replicate.

Of course field tests are going to find more things then just whats going on in the office, but my issue is that their asking the community HOW IT WORKS, which scares the shit out of me because they should be able to figure out how to replicate a bug on their own with a good staff.

4. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    Asking the community makes it quicker for the tech/bug guys

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    While I've never been paid for QA testing I have friends who have and was training at an esteemed college to program games so I have knowledge of this process from both angles.

So I have no idea why asking to help clarify how a bug happens is so concerning to you.

6. Cracka J

News Credits:
    It's concerning because they've had 2 years to deal with wfc issues and now they're taking free tips from the players because they want an easy fix if the problems still persist in foc coding.

Look I've got no problem with players helping to make this game better but I definitely question hms's intent after minimal wfc support. I hope they keep the window open for community exploit feedback on into foc though. It would be a waste to see them just fix the day 1 exploits the community will be looking for, then not do anything til another sequel rolls out in another 2 years.

7. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    It's not automated since i've replyed to him with various other e-mails, and he's responded to all of them.

I got that feeling to, though it may be that it's his job to reply to all the feedback so it obviously must be very tedious replying to 100+ e-mails.

I may be wrong though, but they must employ someone to go through all the feedback.

8. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i've only received an automated one. not the one saying "that's really awesome information"

9. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Dude.

Figure it out on your own = FOC in October.
    Ask for how to replicate it = FOC in August.

DEAL WITH IT

10. TonyBell

TonyBell Member

DOODE

HOIW DARES YOU SAY THAT

You thjink game is simple make but is not!!!! Better fore to ask assist then swork for ever and ever and never make game? I agree with poster of board with many posts, he is right and you are mistake.

Game is for fun and enjoy but you ask for delay and bug? Why not stop be lazy and off er to ehlp comapnie to fix butg and game so we can all play soons!!!!

it is people like u that make world sad place and depressing peoples

that is what i am think.

tondy

11. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:

Erm......
    Sorry but your spelling is awful and you don't make much sense.

12. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Delaying the game to get rid of bugs makes the game more fun as glitchers in multiplayer dont overkill people.

13. Cracka J

News Credits:
    I have no idea what you are saying but I like it :thumb 

Anyone else gotten a friend request from this guy? I think I'm going to remove it lol...

14. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Yeah actually. I did.

15. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    me too

16. TonyBell

TonyBell Member

Please excuse bad words

My native speak is Syngapoor so America is very difficulty for me to type. I am working to get ebetter anbd teach say I am doing? OK

17. TonyBell

TonyBell Member

YES I AGREE

THIS MAN UNDERSTAND LOGIC AND INTELLIGENTCENTS

This is what i was say in original posts. HMS take extra time to fix game and make better with the opeole's halp and psoter CRACK_J say it bad idea!!!!

No sense make to me or chick

that is for certain

18. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I figured you weren't a fluent speaker. Your english is okay. It could be better but I can understand what you mean.

As for delaying the game to fix bugs, that can help. It really depends on the game. I'll wait until we see what they've done before I proclaim they need to delay it.

19. Cracka J

News Credits:
    I never said delaying the game to fix bugs was a bad idea. Another poster quoted me and said that HMS solving bugs on their own would delay the game 2 months. That might be true, but it might be a better end product. So we are in agreement on that much.