Customs: hmmm.... glue question..

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by OMEGAPRIME1983, Jul 2, 2010.

1. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    SUP GUYS N GALS!! So here's the thing, for those of you that own the new HfTD BB mold, I want to change out the upper hinge of the knee into a ball joint.. YAY!! Not really.... I can't figure out what type of glue to use to secure the new ball to the original hinge.. Can't really call that the "old hinge" because it's a NEW figure, :lol  (sorry, kinda stoned from paint fumes already, and it isn't even half way through the day yet :D ) Anyway, I figuered I'd ask the pro's how the git'r duuun.... Ok, really stoned maybe.. LMAO, bad timing to be posting this thread, but OH WELLZ! Wny who, if I could get some good advise, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks much!! OP83 OUT!

2. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    It would be best not to glue, but drill a hole to screw in the ball joint from beneath.

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    uhhhhh.. I kinda get what you're saying, but I'm not to sure how well that would work with what I'm looking to do... What I was kinda thinking was that if I cut that arm piece in half, took a piece of styrene tuning that would fit around the arm and the ball post from where ever I get it from and epoxy it together.. but I think that would require a lot of work :(  And I don't feel like being that creative.. :lol  Thanks for the idea though bro!

4. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you can try zapagap, but id go with screwing it thru
    the ball joint will undergo a bit of stress, and can snap off later

F_R had a good post a while back on how he made a few ball joints, its somewhere in radicons...

5. deceptihunter

deceptihunter sssssmmmmokin!

I just use "super glue". I use it for everything. I used it on Megatron's arm when I cut it off, the fallen since I cut him in half, and also the fallen's leg/ball joints. I haven't had any problems with the glue not holding or anything like that. The part glued has never snapped off, even with rigorous transforming. It is in the little round yellow bottle with a red top. Hope this helps.

6. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, I saw that too, and I was looking at it, but again, the problem is that the ball of the joint is going to be on the knee's hinge arm.. I think.. I hope. Maybe?? Also.. looking at the figure and the designs of the CG model, the thighs should be swapped around as well, so now I'm trying to figure out a way to switch the thighs and put the fender parts where they need to be... these are all area's that will be moved on a semi-continuous basis and I want to make sure that the parts STAY!

Just plain old super glue.. that's all you use?? And no problems what's so ever?? Not in the slightest? Do you think you could show me a picture of this stuff?? I'm not really sure which you're talking about. It isn't the stuff from like walgreens that's an off brand in a squeeze tube, is it??

7. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    I use superglue from Walgreens, comes in an 8 pack, but the constant pressure and moving is going to break that joint where you glued eventually, if not immediately. If you can't glue I would still drill a hole and use a metal pin, sometimes I just glue those in.

8. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, now that's not a bad idea. I may need to find an extra BB now just in case I trash this one.. On a side note with this figure How does one make a hinge?? I mean like a hinge the just folds the part in half onto itself. Like a dorr hinge I guess would be the best example.