hmmm... alternate G1 twintwist/topspin

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by deathonacracker, Jun 15, 2011.

1. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    hmmm... alternate G1 twintwist/topspin???

Hey guys, i've been going through all of my childhood G1 toys and trying to match up weapons/books etc and when i got to my Jumpstarters i noticed something. i don't seem to have topspin and twintwist, i seem to have two different twintwists...or topspins... or something! see below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as you can see they both have wings and head like Topspin. one set of wings says D-A-R on them and has the drills, legs and body of twintwist.

what's up with dat?

2. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    that's neat! love my jumpstarters and really wish i could fix them up a little. also wish they would make some classics versions.

interesting find man.

3. deathonacracker

Ebay:
    I have about three huge boxes of random toys. gi. joe parts, master of the universe, mask and transformers are the main ones... i've been sorting through all of the tiny weapons and books to get some of my g1's to ebay. it's been real nostalgic and fun!!! and it's taken a very long time.

my mom kept all of the instructions and weapons in zip-lock bags... thank god for pack rat moms!!!

i wonder if one of these is a rare find, a factory mess up or what?

4. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    if you run across sixshot's guns, let me know! :) 

5. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My guess is that someone got creative with their figures and a screwdriver. Is it possible you got him from a garage sale long ago?

6. deathonacracker

Ebay:
    im about 99.999% sure this isn't a custom. i have the weapon too. i also have the regular Twintwist. if you notice, the stickers on the second bots wings say D.A.R on them. the stickers on the shoulders are the same design but different colors. the stickers on the left chest is the same as twintwist but also a different color! they both say Takara on the back.

found this on TFwiki

Topspin is a Jumpstarter, an Autobot from the second year of the Transformers toy line whose gimmick was a pull back motor and the ability to transform himself. [5] He transforms by releasing his spring loaded legs, which flips him over, landing on his oversized feet. The toy that became Topspin is from the Diaclone toy line in Japan made by Takara. Some versions of Topspin sport the letters D.A.R. on the decals, indicating his original name, Diaclone Attack Robo.

7. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    The one with DAR could be a Diaclone figure; it's pre-Transformers. I don't know how rare it could be but it would probably fetch more than an opened G1 figure...

8. deathonacracker

Ebay:
    i may hold onto this for a bit longer. the ebay market if full of Diaclones but the prices are sky high! the problem is they are almost all "buy it now" which, obviously no one seems to be doing. my guess is they are just going for to much money.

9. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    Someone has done some partswapping for sure. I own both versions, the D.A.R. and regular. As well as a red faced Mexican top spin. The D.A.R. is just a sticker variant, and not really an uncommon one, I see them all the time on ebay. The hard ones to find are the mexican IGA red faced ones, im still looking for a Twin Twist.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. deathonacracker

Ebay:
    how would i post that on ebay, as a "custom"?